What's new

Jewelry?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Seems like a cross on it. Not sure what this is a symbol of? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0441.webp
    IMG_0441.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0442.webp
    IMG_0442.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0443.webp
    IMG_0443.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0444.webp
    IMG_0444.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0445.webp
    IMG_0445.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 286
Wax seal for making a indention in a wax seal
 
Upvote 0
Garibaldi, show the bottom of it. The cross might be Knights templar. (if it's not a seal could it possibly be a pipe tamper or is this too small?)
 
Upvote 0
Ok here is the bottom.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0454.webp
    IMG_0454.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0455.webp
    IMG_0455.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
mojjax, I thought so too until I saw the bottom. Now I think it is a symbolic object worn on a watch chain, maybe Knights templar.
 
Upvote 0
Is that the spanish cross on the top?
 
Upvote 0
maltese cross. It also seems to have a faint crucifix at its base. It may be religeous/ceremonial.
 
Upvote 0
JRich98150 said:
Chalice (sp?) and Host. Catholic I think.

JRich

I like the Chalice idea, it seems to be brass (would have looked golden new), & must be 100 years plus. Not sure what it attached to, but another guess could be a plain neckless piece. :dontknow:

It a nice piece :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Nice find, Greek cross used for the "blessing of the fishingfleet" only a guess


tinpan
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it might be a zipper pull....
Scott
 
Upvote 0
tinpan said:
Nice find, Greek cross used for the "blessing of the fishingfleet" only a guess tinpan
I did find it near the shore during low tide, so I suspect it has something to do with maritime. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Charm from a charm bracelet signifying some kind of religious experience, baptism, etc? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Big Gold!
Replies
9
Views
819
Replies
7
Views
640

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom