All Treasure Hunting
been reading them for a while now,the sci-fi channel had the show last summer

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't seen it this year,check out the sci-fi channels web site maybe they have an update on it,kinda funny tho he uses a hockey stick on the show instead of the cane in the books and its worth wactching just for bob

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
You guys are WAYYYYYY behind. I have read all the books and even his Alera series. :wink: :D

He is an excellent writer.

Sadly the show was cancelled after only one season. The execs at Sci Fi said that the ratings weren't good enough so they needed more wrestling time. >:(

The real problem was that the Sci Fi channel showed them out of sequence and cut the shows to the bone as far as content and only two or three of the episodes really turned out close to what the books were like.

Sad really because except for Murphy, I thought they had cast the show very well and it was a show with lots of promise.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
a hockey stick for his staff, are you kidding ? who was the lame brain that thought that up ?
just goes to show, those who can't understand the concept and plot line, are the ones that write for the series

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the complete first season is out on DVD,i think Nick Cage produced it

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup,in stock,first season(3 discs) $29.99

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
They used the Hockey stick because where they were filiming the show, Toronto I think, they had forgotten to get a staff and the only thing they could find quick was a hockey stick. I read that in an interview somewhere.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
so they turn him into the brother from nightmare on elmstreet, talk about lame

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
The actual screenplays or whatever you call them were way better than the crap Sci Fi put out. The woman that was running the Sci Fi channel at the time didn't like the show at all and wasn't too happy with it being on. She didn't do anything to help the ratings or keep it on the air.

Also they changed his car to a jeep, Bob wasn't a flaming skull, Monringstar was his Uncle, in the books he wasn't. Several other plot/character changes.

I still love the books. I have read all of them at least twice. So who do you think will end up with the swords?

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't know about the swords. I'm reading White Knight right now, but, I'm leaning toward Molly Carpenter at this point. I mean, look at her background, a deeply religious family, her father already carries one of them. However, Hiro's sword is actually a Rapier, which is what Harry was instructed with. So, it's still up in the air

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Don't want to post any spoilers but you need to read ALL the books up until the most recent one. Sorry got ahead of myself with my post .....

HAve you read any of the Alera series? It took me half the first book before I was hooked, unlike the Dresden files which had me hooked at chapter one. They are still a good series.

I love the way Butcher's mind works. Although the last Dresden novel lost a little bit of the "Harry" that I'm used to... if you haven't read it yet there are a few suprises in it. Worth a read....

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I have not read the next one but I'm working on it. I start reading the Alera series next

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well I've started, Furies of Calderon, so far okay, not enough forward to set the scene in your mind though

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I was halfway through the first book before I really got into the Alera series. They get better with each one too.

Just give it a chance, also don't expect it to be like Dresden, because it isn't.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I really liked the show, didn't realize it came from a book series. Will look for them next time at the bookstore (used books - my favorite bookstores!)

HH
Nan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
roswellborn said:
I really liked the show, didn't realize it came from a book series. Will look for them next time at the bookstore (used books - my favorite bookstores!)

HH
Nan

Nan I have all of them and it is only a short drive with gas at close to $4 a gallon to where I live! :tongue3: Just sayin........

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
so far it's similar to books by David Eddings, I like his books so I'll continue on

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread