Joes body shop....pretty cool!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Joe's body shop....pretty cool!

Checked out another razed homesite after work yesterday.The foundation was a poured type with fieldstone filler.I would guess from the teens or early twentys.As with the other three I have found in this area, the grass is far to thick right now to hunt properly.Ill definitely hit them all in the early spring but for now I gave em a quick once over. The first target I dug at this site is a Wyandotte cap gun barrel assembly...probably from the fifties. Although it is only part of the gun, it is undamaged and in great shape and being a Wyandotte is worth a few bucks to any collector or restorer.(Wont part with it until Ive checked the whole site out).The next item dug was a 1934 license plate and the last, most exciting dig was a smashed flat 1930s pressed steel auto.I believe it is also a Wyandotte and despite its sad past, Im confident it will be road worthy, if not beautiful once again.It is tedious work resurrecting old toys and trust me , I held my breath a few times while straightening this bugger out. There is obviously a few kinks to work out but Im in the safe zone now.As soon as I get a positive ID on the car Ill order up a new grill, wheels and axles.It will be some time before Im done but Ill be sure to post a pic....Maybe we could start a new forum..."Restorations"?
Anyway...thanks for looking and good luck to all....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 490
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 478
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 489
Upvote 0
Re: Joe's body shop....pretty cool!

One more....

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 474

oh that car is too awesome. i don't think you can sell it for much after you fix it up, you know with all the bondo and duct tape.

barrel is cool also.

niffty stuff hope it works out for you ;)

Would love to see the pic when you are done. :)

Congrats on your finds! Nana :)

Nice finds...keep us posted!

PIMP MY RIDE couldn't even help that car! Nice finds thanks for posting ;D ;D ;D

;) Jopher: Nice Finds! Maybe a little Bondo will help the Car! What's that Funny Writing on the Gun Barrel? Oh Yeah! Made in USA!
Been so long since I've seen that one! :o

Joe

very cool old car....
stuff a Hemi in it ;)

Cool stuff Joe...Too bad the six shooter lost....well...it's six!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back