Joey coil on a Quatro

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Never tried the Joey on my Quattro, but use a 15" WOT. I mostly hunt the beach, and can cover a lot more area than the standard 10.5 that it came with. The WOT took some time to get used to, but was worth it!

HH 8) surfrat96

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Forget the Joey coil look at the Coiltek Platypus coil it out performs the standard coil giving more depth clearer signals and is elliptical shaped coil measuring 8.5x11.5inch. The coil is also waterproof the joey coil is not. Andy Sabisch has done a write up about these coils, and it is worth the effort to read . I have one myself and have found items at such depth it has surprised me, It is designed with a new pro technology which is being introduced to all the latest coiltek gold coils. If you get one you wont regret it thats for sure. seeya Neilo ;D

OP
OP
B

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Neilo, I ordered the Joey to use in Trashy areas, 'cause it's smaller than the 101/2 in ML coil. Would the Platipus be good for this.?

OP
OP
B

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Thanks Neilo, After I read your post, I was able to stop shipment on a coil I wouldn't have been able to use.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Hi Barber glad you listened, you wont regret it,The Platypus coil is narrower than the standard 10.5 and works well in trashy areas.You will be amased how much more sensitive they are on smaller items I have found small gold nuggets less than .2 of a gram with mine. It is also better for chains as well. Pleased to help out seeya Neilo ;D

OP
OP
B

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Neilo, Do you have any idea where I can find that article by Savisch on the Platypus? Thanks

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Hi Barb I have tried sending you a copies of the feild report by email I dont know whether, they went through or not. The Feild report talks about a company called Profile Prospecting Supply maybe you can get some info from them. Good Luck seeya Neilo ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread