What's new

Joey coil?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
1,350
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pick one up, and have a few question. Has anyone waterproofed one? What kind of depth should I expect?
 
Which detector are you using?
I put one on my SOV XS and it was not as good as the standard coin search coil. I did not keep it for long.
Maybe others had better results from this coil.
 
Explorer 11. I guess I should,have asked first. Thanks. I got to for $100, figured that was a decent price.
 
I have a 5 X 10" Joey for my E-trac. Works great in trashy areas. Depth not the greatest but I've found stuff 8" down with it. Mine's the earlier, not waterproof type. The newer ones are waterproof. I'm not sure I'd trust trying to waterproof it myself. If I did, I'd probably use some plastic/rubber tool dip or seal everything with epoxy.
 
I have a 5 X 10" Joey for my E-trac. Works great in trashy areas. Depth not the greatest but I've found stuff 8" down with it. Mine's the earlier, not waterproof type. The newer ones are waterproof. I'm not sure I'd trust trying to waterproof it myself. If I did, I'd probably use some plastic/rubber tool dip or seal everything with epoxy.

Thanks for the info can't wait for winter to be over.
 
Thanks for the info can't wait for winter to be over.

The Joey coil for CTX is much more heavier then the one for etrac. It is so difficult to handle that I don'tuse it that much.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom