John 52 Tujunga ,Calif

Apr 3, 2019
TUJUNGA,CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was 12 yrs old when a 90 yr old woman in Burbank told me a story about stolen gold ,silver and cash never recovered and long forgotten. She drew me a map on the back of an ALPHA BETA supermarket paper shopping bag and I recognized the area she had drawn as this place we used to ride our bmx bikes at occasionally. She told me they searched the area for 6 years in 1952-1958. She revealed key facts and was connected to people who were involved in the original 1898 robbery and investigation ,unless someone had secretly discovered the 4 satchels full of gold bullion,silver bullion,silver coins and paper money it was still out there within a 2 mile strip of land by the LA River. She claimed it totaled over $100,000 in 1898 plus cash and postage stamps worth another $4000.00. Eyewitnesses placed the suspect at one location where he camped at for 1 night with 2 horses and four satchels,the following evening the suspect was killed in a shoot out with law enforcement and was on 1 horse ,no satchels with $3000.00 in cash stashed on his person. I used to deliver THE BURBANK DAILY REVEIW after school and this woman was a customer,her house had caught fire and partially burned and she was old ,sick and poor. I think now she knew she was nearing the end of her life and because I ran errands for her this was her gift to me. They had quietly searched for 6 years and at the end there was an article in the local news paper discussing the search and failure to locate. It was forgotten again till she laid out the map and details. Then I forgot about it for another 30 years until I started taking an interest in treasure hunting and started thinking damn maybe it could be there . They did a good job of keeping it quiet ,I can't find anything on the internet about it anywhere. I have obviously omitted names and key facts because of course I want to find this load and knowing the area really well ,and knowing key facts is an advantage for me but without the resources I might not have the ability to do anything. As far as I know I am the only living person who knows anything about this unsolved case. I think its all true ,the facts line it up and narrow it down and as far as she knew no one else had ever searched for the lost treasure and no one ever claimed to have found it. Weird story huh? Oh and I have no idea where the map went ,checked scrap books,photo books at my parents house because I had a vague memory of stashing it in one of them but couldn't locate it. Make me trust you ,have some faith and I can tell you more if you are as intrigued as I am. She made me write all this stuff down but I have a great long term memory.

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon form s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tne Tnet forum from Georgia.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from SC!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet Blacks&Johnny! Great story and very interesting. It’s nice to read about some Southern California lore. Best of luck John! I hope you find it.

OP
OP
B
Apr 3, 2019
TUJUNGA,CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its what she told me word for word. I was a boy scout so I can't lie. Theres more details that confirm certain events.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see some good posts and some of your finds Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Mississippi.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread