John Singer Treasure

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading some old topics about John Singer Tresure or The Lost City. I don't think the treasure has been found. There is alot of treasure on south padre. You can beach comb there but you can't metal detect there on the National Seashore which covers most of south padre. I noticed some people are metal detecting there. I would not dare try. The Texas Land Commision will hang your Gludius Maximus. I asked for a permit to hunt there. They told me if I'm caught with a metal detector on the beach they will put me in jail, fine me, take my truck and metal detector away. So think about next time you want to hunt on the national seashore. Have a nice day. Cliff

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
I hear you. I used to live in the Rio Grande Valley, and going to South Padre was a weekend thing for us before I started Metal detecting. I can tell you that there is a lot of construction going on over there there, condos and resorts being built. Heck you might want to ask permission from the land owner for a chance at detecting the lot. Other than that, the beach is off limits.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
cooltone23 said:
I hear you. I used to live in the Rio Grande Valley, and going to South Padre was a weekend thing for us before I started Metal detecting. I can tell you that there is a lot of construction going on over there there, condos and resorts being built. Heck you might want to ask permission from the land owner for a chance at detecting the lot. Other than that, the beach is off limits.

The beaches are off limits?
Didn't know that... :(

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
The national seashore is north of the Mansfield cut, its off limit. South of the cut is not off limit, I wouldn't do any bragging if I found any old silver any where on the Texas beaches though.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Wow Cloviscliff: I am supprised you saw someone north of the cut detecting. All of the MDers I know in here in the Vally know that detecting on the National seashore is off limits. I have heard some horror stories of people getting caught with a detedtor up there. SPI beaches all the way from the southern tip of SPI to the Mansfield cut 25 miles north can be detected. The beaches south from the tip of SPI including Boca Chica can be detected all the way to the Rio Grande.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread