Sorta... you are NOT crazy. "Google"... "John Yates Beall". Don't think it was KGC; MORE like CSA "assets" (part of CSA Treasury & weapons").

ll, show your "debunked" info... TY. 
I see... it is YOUR opinion; YOU just don't have any CONCRETE info for us, then. 
ll, what are the "childish proclamations", YOU have found; I can't find YOUR "insights" into the JOB PRINT (aka BEALE PAPERS), on THIS web-site (TN). 
Show us the lowland placer fields
Are THEY the "childish proclamations"? YOU are avoiding providing proof... I wanna read YOUR "insights"; NOT interested in going west, Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINIA is "just alright with me". 

lastleg said:Reb, I have actually read the yarn and concluded it is bogus. Also I posted my
reasons for doubt. A 'true believer' came back with a quite different version of
the legend that was very provoking. Yet it was filled with geneological errors
and speculation. My "dog in the hunt" was portrayed as someone he wasn't.
I noticed that you have doubts also about what might be entombed in VA.
We probably agree that the 'cover story' is filled with childish proclamations.
And that is why I doubt the whole fable.
Best wishes,
lastleg
Beale Codex?

Getting back to JYB; sources indicated that John Yates Beall (sometimes spelled BEALE, with the 2nd "l" written small, looking like a "e"), was a REBEL privateer (paid PIRATE for CSA). He was "raiding & looting", harassing yanks (ships, etc), on the GREAT LAKES.
IF... BEFORE he was caught & hung by the yanks, he sent a HUGE "stash of loot" (gold, silver, jewels) to Richmond, VIRGINIA to "add to" the CSA Treasury for the "war
Coffee? 
MORE? I & R... JYB; DOB: 1/1/1835, DOD: (hung) 12/24/1864. Law Degree from UVA (founded by Thom. Jefferson - Charlottesville, VIRGINIA); farmer - JEFFERSON County, VIRGINIA (now, West Virginia). Born, then buried in JEFFERSON County, (NOW) West Virginia at Episcopal Church "yard"; tombstone is too "weathered" for me to read (sometimes, treasure "clues" are on 'em). CSA Privateer on Potomac River (near D.C.) & in Chesapeake Bay with easy "access" to Richmond, VIRGINIA via James River.
WAS on the Great Lakes before he was caught & hung (was living in Canada). MORE, later...
Coffee? 

SUCH VIOLENCE!"Hold thy feet to the fire!"
Lawd Gawd A'Migthty! ll, YOU sound like lamar! "MY way, or the highway!" 
Rebel - KGC said:SUCH VIOLENCE!"Hold thy feet to the fire!"
Lawd Gawd A'Migthty! ll, YOU sound like lamar! "MY way, or the highway!"
![]()

lastleg said:bigscoop:
No, I do not entertain any notion of the existence of a buried storehouse of
gold and silver in Virginia as claimed in the original legend. I just can't find
anyone willing to discuss it's merits. Surely you have taken the time to read
about where this fortune was 'found' and have formed an opinion about the
accuracy of same?
Nay, I shall hold thy feet to the fire untill this wretched yarn is exposed as
fantasy.![]()
![]()

AND NOW! For the POSSIBLE Beall/Beale/KGC "connection"! JYB, body buried in JEFFERSON County, WV; a REBEL (CSA) privateer, who MAY have PLUNDERED for the good old CSA, LOTS of Gold, Silver, and Jewels "headed" for the CSA Treasury.
25 "markers" in JEFFERSON County, WV... COULD they REALLY be KGC-related? :dontknow http://jeffersonhistoricalwv.org/CWmarkers.html
Jefferson County, VIRGINIA (NOW, WV) was named for Thomas Jefferson.
Towns/landmarks of interest are... Harper Ferry, Shepherdstown, Charles Town, THAT general area; just "google" Jefferson County, WV for MORE research info...
Coffee? 