What's new

Johnson Tunnel

dirtwrench

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey, has anyone ever hunted a place called Johnson Tunnel, half way between Ash fork and Williams AZ ? It is a railroad tunnel built in the 1880"s, they had 3,ooo men there for 2 years, I heard the camp was on top of the hill over looking the valley below. I have been up there but only found 2 Dr King small bottles and a bunch of broken ones. Been told that the forrest service dug a hole and pushed every thing into back in the 70"s. Just wondering if anyone else has been up on top and found anything ?
 
Hey Don, thanks for the info. I ran into a couple of guys that like the trains and they were the ones that put me onto the tunnel.

Thanks again

William
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom