Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
they do have a lot older iron of there and they are trying everything possible to get good finds out of hammered spots in amongst the iron. you know the detecting is very tough in places. I wonder how the deus would do in the same tests, just curious. sometimes it is hard to grasp that the detecting over there is different than ours, it would seem that gold is gold and silver is silver but the variables are different enough.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the test. I too would have liked to see how the deus performed at the same time on each test. When I've hunted England, The group has gone from CTX's to Deus's, to Equinox's over the past few years. Some still use the other machines and even PI units, but, 3/4 of the guys have been using Nox's lately. My favorite mode is Field 2, adjust sensitivity as high as I can, but, as needed to get it stable, stock tone breaks and 50 tones, recovery speed at 3 or 4 for depth, or higher if heavy trash, all metal, and iron bias at 3. It gets too chatty at 0 IMO, and I seem to waste too much time checking out false signals. With that setup, I've recovered hammered English silver and copper (which read in the nickel range on the smaller coins by the way) Roman coins, lot's of milled copper and silver, a Victorian gold locket, a 4000 year old bronze ax head, and hundreds of buttons, among tons of lead, iron, and in some cases lots of coke. With the huge fields we hunt, going at a snail's pace is not very practical. I use a 2 to 3 second sweep speed. Faster than 2 and you miss too many targets, slower than 3 and you don't cover enough ground. Once I get any signal at all, I slow the sweep speed and investigate. Everything but a dead iron sound/reading gets dug. Even some dead iron sounds do if it's big enough. Might be a cooking pot full of gold! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread