🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Judging from what you see in this photo ...

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Judging from what you see in this photo (car, attire, hairstyles, etc.) what would you date it to?
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 9.24.15 PM.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 3

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Some women i see look like their hairstyle hasn't changed since 12th grade... and they are 45-50 years old.
And most of the time the clothes almost match. heh
So.....
The mystery could deepen. :)
I know. This could be a period movie scene shot recently in B&W. That would be hilarious.

Upvote 0

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All great guesses. Since it's looking to me like a rummage sale the age of the items are not an indicator. I think I still had some of those items in my garage sales in the 1980's, and I sold a few guns too! The dress and attire are the main clues. Looks like a mix of after church crowd and drive by curiosity shopping. Is the OP going to give us any more info?

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Ok. I’m really ready to play! 😆
Here’s the scenario I dreamed up for the photo (Complete BS on my part):
This was in the spring of 1968 between Trinidad, CO & Las Vegas, NM. The last of 2 grandparents died and it was decided to have the surviving family pick items that they wanted before anything was sold.
The shown people are family.
Cousin LeRoy “aka Junior” is in the black hat. He was always a little “different” as was Marcella, his wife, black sleeves & white shoes, to Junior’s immediate right.

Ok, any thoughts or corrections?!!
😂👍🏼😎

Upvote 2

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. I’m really ready to play! 😆
Here’s the scenario I dreamed up for the photo (Complete BS on my part):
This was in the spring of 1968 between Trinidad, CO & Las Vegas, NM. The last of 2 grandparents died and it was decided to have the surviving family pick items that they wanted before anything was sold.
The shown people are family.
Cousin LeRoy “aka Junior” is in the black hat. He was always a little “different” as was Marcella, his wife, black sleeves & white shoes, to Junior’s immediate right.

Ok, any thoughts or corrections?!!
😂👍🏼😎
Yes! Straight from the funeral to the estate sale!

Upvote 1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The car is a 51-52 Dodge Coronet, D-42 A lot of the small items look late 50s-early 60s. The young girl with the black nylon stockings is mid 60s. I remember them from high school. I graduated in 68.
1697514126524.png

Upvote 2

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some family pics from around this time. Farm family hard up. Auctioned off a bunch of stuff. Even a few farm all tractors. Pretty much was almost everything went dirt cheap.

Upvote 0

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I said 60's - 70's is the fact that they are deep country with that mountain and the woods in the background, the younger people would be dressed the most trendy for the era but I noticed growing up that certain people and places fell behind in style and would wear older styles of clothing, also in the nineties I was driving a seventies car, these days cars really don't last. I remember the early eighties when some were still wearing bell bottoms and sporting afros and other seventies styles. It's hard to change.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread