spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here is another post you can blow off some moderate steam. Again, the rules are simple..

KEGS Keep Evaluation General Silly

1- No in depth direct political, or religious comments wanted, or needed.
2- No name calling (if you are really good, you may find a way around this rule :laughing7: )
You can dislike a conservative, or liberal, but can't go into details... Plain and simple.

We seem to have a good diverse set of people to work here with, all have strong opinions on any given topic. This being the case, this post is about how you judge other people in general.

1- Do you judge on one post only?
2- Take the subject matter into consideration?
3- Judge a full persons character on one opinion only?
4- Understand the tone, or intent of the writers message?

Again, in the spirit of the post; address the topics, but keep it general.. That may be harder on some very opinionated people, so do your best to keep it general. You may end up being surprised that many of you are no different from one another..

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Spart, not sure I understand what you want but here goes.

I try to get a feel for someone over several posts. But if they hit one or two hot button issues and I deem them unfit for human consumption, they are out the door for me. No need for names.

I like those posters you can argue with (not discuss, good old fashion argue with) and then in the next post agree with and they hold no grudge. You know, adults.

Is this what you're after?

Old Town

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1- No in depth direct political, or religious comments wanted, or needed.
I'm to shallow for this anyway.
2- No name calling (if you are really good, you may find a way around this rule)
Is "doody head" included? Cause this is a classic.
You can dislike a conservative, or liberal, but can't go into details... Plain and simple.
I dislike more than one conservative and more than one liberal but that is all I can say by your rules.

1- Do you judge on one post only?

Yes
2- Take the subject matter into consideration?
No
3- Judge a full persons character on one opinion only?
Yes
4- Understand the tone, or intent of the writers message?

No

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, each in your own and perhaps one of you in you own somewhat twisted way hit the nail on the head. :notworthy:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Forgive me Spart, I have to reply to the liberal baiter.

Sweetheart, (too nasty?) I'm so far of left you can't see me and I work very hard and long. Don't mind paying my taxes and couldn't care less what others do even if it's take Welfare and every other benefit there is. They don't impact me.

There. Now continue.

OT

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Annoy a liberal. Work hard and be happy.

That is fine and dandy, I just annoy everyone so I don't have to pigeonhole them :tongue3: I am curious though as to how you perceive other people through their posts.

I am sure that soon enough someone will come along and just push everyone's button.. I guess we'll have to wait for that appearance. There is so much more out there that can strike ones nerve besides politics and religion, those are the areas I would love see discussed, debated, dissected and then dismissed. :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggy pants :icon_scratch: I could are less what they wear, if anything it's a fad that I hope runs its course soon. I guess that is today's way of expressing displeasure at the older generation. Least we forget the 60's and 70's and the crazy styles that prevailed then.

Now as far as judging goes, my comment is that they have no clue how to find their proper size. I also see the bright side of those loose fitting pants. I don't see them attempting too many crimes as it's nearly impossible to run with your pants around your ankles :laughing7:

So there you go, a judgment and a commentary without breaking my own rules :tongue3:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
DigginThePast said:
mcgearhead said:
Ok. Let's start with everyone's oppinion on the whole baggy pants problem ...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/05/georgia.baggy.pants.law/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Well, under certain circumstances I would argue that this topic falls under the First Amendment. Those circumstances would happen to be when certain attractive females would be the offenders. :thumbsup:

Ok, let's do like the original post suggested. Let's keep politics, (and religion) out of it ! How do you personally feel about folks wearing their britches around their knees ? Let's go one further, mainly because I really feel like folks from both sides of the fence are gonna feel the same way, let's state your oppinion on this fad, and if you are conservative, liberal, etc.

Well in defense of my delicate self, I was simply referring to hot babes in my previous post.

Anyway, as many on here already know much of thinking is along a more conservative vein. To answer your question of how do I feel about this fad, well I think it shows a lack of respect for society and for themselves. I'd much rather that they simply pull their pants up, not a fan.

That being said (not going into politics here, I'm responding to the link posted), this is just a case of another law being passed. We shouldn't need the Government deciding of every little aspect of our lives. We, as society, should be the ones giving these kids a kick in the butt.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
I just feel like it's a little vulgar seeing folk's underpants out in public ! They are called "underwear" for a reason !

You remind me of a video we made when I was in my late teens in the 70's... We made a commercial about Hanes underwear. We bought several packages and all wore the underwear over our street clothes to show Hane's makes you feel good all over!!!! As opposed to their commercial Hane's makes you feel good all under... I bet today I would have gotten a CLIO for my work.....

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not knowing who it is actually typing on the other side of the wire, I try not to assume anything about anyone until I am reasonably convinced of their true nature, or something close to it. Sometimes it takes a lot of posts, sometimes just a few.

I try to remember that interacting with some may not be worth the time. After all, it is only a forum, not much important happens here, it's a great place for info and entertainment, but, unless you consider it 'fun' to argue, or you take the dialog too seriously it can have adverse effects.

* mainly pertaining to P/R

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
After all, it is only a forum, not much important happens here, it's a great place for info and entertainment, but, unless you consider it 'fun' to argue, or you take the dialog too seriously it can have adverse effects.

Now you tell me :tard: :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
The Beep Goes On said:
After all, it is only a forum, not much important happens here, it's a great place for info and entertainment, but, unless you consider it 'fun' to argue, or you take the dialog too seriously it can have adverse effects.

Now you tell me :tard: :laughing7:

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one say anything Spart, but you really need to stop being so serious. :laughing9:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
OK, gearhead. Common ground. I hate the baggy pants thing. Ever watch COPS on TV? Just about every suspect they tackle in somebody's backyard has got their pants down around their ankles by the time the police dog is done chewing.

OT

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to figure out how I move some sections of this post to the Love/Hate post..

I love when people are clever, but I hate them stealing my thoughts. Careful, I have my eyes on all of you :laughing9:

spartacus53 said:
Baggy pants :icon_scratch: I could are less what they wear, if anything it's a fad that I hope runs its course soon. I guess that is today's way of expressing displeasure at the older generation. Least we forget the 60's and 70's and the crazy styles that prevailed then.

Now as far as judging goes, my comment is that they have no clue how to find their proper size. I also see the bright side of those loose fitting pants. I don't see them attempting too many crimes as it's nearly impossible to run with your pants around your ankles :laughing7:

So there you go, a judgment and a commentary without breaking my own rules :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I've already judged, I think it's only fair that I tackle the misjudging portion of the topic too.

Misjudging

I really almost "hate" to admit that I have after reading some peoples posts, I have misjudged them. Coming from me, it's hard to admit that sometimes even I can be wrong. An example of this is where I think their reply is completely off base and their reasoning is stupid. After reflecting on what they wrote I was able to see they were not stupid, no, in fact they were complete morons :laughing7:

And here you thought I was going to be serious for a moment :tongue3:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Baggy pants are good! You just KNOW that someone wearing them hasn't got a handgun tucked in the waistband, so it's safe to beat the crap out of them!!! :violent1: :boxing:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
I try to get a feel for someone over several posts. But if they hit one or two hot button issues and I deem them unfit for human consumption, they are out the door for me. No need for names.
Old Town

I've seen several posts with you calling those who do not subscribe to your political viewpoints 'teabaggers'.
Care to enlighten us?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
After reflecting on what they wrote I was able to see they were not stupid, no, in fact they were complete morons :laughing7:

Are you calling me a shade of red?!?!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread