Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to the park this AM while it was still cool to coin shoot the scene of the fireworks explosion. Last year I found about $8.00 in coin just lying on the ground where everyone sat to view the fireworks. This year the fireworks blew up so I guess not many people stayed around? I couldn't believe how much trash was left behind. It was as bad as not covering your plugs. Trash , bottles and cups everywhere and even found a huge stack of gnawed on bones where a family obviously ate their 4th dinner. There was trash barrels all over the place but it didn't look like anyone used them. We have a beautiful park along the river and it just looked terrible this morning. I spent much of my time rounding up trash and putting it in piles for the city guys to pick it up easier. Oh, I found a couple of quarters clad, but it was such a mess I didn't stick around long. It never ceases to amaze me how the highest order of animal is such a nasty creature. M :'( nty

Upvote 0
Monty that is a shame! I always get frustrated when I find a "good" site and it's loaded with beer cans, trash, ect. Thanks for picking up the mess, I would have too. :icon_thumright:

It seems to be an epidemic Monty. A sense of pride doesnt mean much to a lot of people anymore. Includes work ethics and morals and etc. Its take and no give these days. Its a shame. One day they will realize when those functions arent there one day cause it was to costly to clean up after them.

I was in Arkansas a few weeks ago with my wife at a picnic table at a rest area. This guy pulls in, gets out and urinates on the ground and left. The bathrooms were very close. I gave him a dirty look as he left in a hurry ???

Monty, I know what you mean. Seems to be the norm today. As I drive a truck across every state in this country it amazes me how much trash is thrown out the window. Where is the pride of America. While visiting Singapore years ago there is no trash. If you spit on the ground you are in trouble. Same while in Europe. There are quite a few countries (Austria for one) which is so clean

In this age of "me, me, me" a lot of folks have the opinion that someone else will do the dirty work for them.

Great work at trying to police the area a bit Monty, I'm sure the folks that DO have to clean it up appreciate it.

Grip

Thanks Monty for policing the area. On the 4th I was sitting in my chair at a beach early in the morning drying off from water hunting and this lady pulls off a type of sticky lid and just drops it on the ground in front of her kids. Now what type of message does that send to them!

Thanks for cleaning up Monty! Its a true shame that so many of us who actually try to clean up are viewed as the bad people because we dig holes to do it. It doesn't matter that we take out spiky iron or jagged edge canslaw, 90% of the people in this country just don't care anymore. :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: on being part of the 10%!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back