Jumped back in again this morning...another old gold!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide was at sunrise ...630am - so got in as the tide would be turning - wind had picked up during the night
waters were rougher but viz was still pretty good. At about 7am I got a good reading and dug a sinker - about a foot away
I got another good signal ...though a little fainter. Scooped down about a foot and this time there was no doubt I had gold.
Because this one was 14k, it came out nice and shiny. Real nice old signet. Nothing to exciting after that - was only getting pennies
and then got a few other coins but nothing to write home about. The small silver ring was down real deep. Don't know if the other one is a ring or not
-looks home made. Waters got horrible real quick and all of a sudden where I was chest deep - I was getting swells that were over my head.
Looked at the shore line and though it was only an hour after low - waters were now reaching up to the high tide mark on shore.
I slugged it out for another 1/2 hour and call it quits. So I only got to hunt for 1 1/2 hrs - had planned on 3, but I got some gold
and was happy!
got another musket ball - first I ever got from this spot

Upvote 13
That is a gorgeous gold ring! I guess you wear a full dry suit up there in New England? Went to Plum Island,Mass. For 2 weeks last Summer and went in the water for about 10 minutes total- water was way too cold!! Nice hunt!
no - I only wear full - wet suit 7mm - in the winter months
you'd be surprised what I wear right now - swim trunks with lycra bike shorts and tee shirt with a neoprene kayak jacket on top like 3mm- lite gloves and dive boots
I have a high tolerance to cold water - but probably cause I been in it so long

Awesome Casper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back