June 1st finds, Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• june 1 finds.JPG
    june 1 finds.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 389
  • june finds.JPG
    june finds.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

I often wish I were closer to a Civil War site. Was thinking of driving to Virginia to go relic hunting, but I wouldn't know where to go.

HH

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U-238 said:
Nice finds!

I often wish I were closer to a Civil War site. Was thinking of driving to Virginia to go relic hunting, but I wouldn't know where to go.

HH
I would say you could go and pick about any field and with some patience find some CW stuff, especially if you are near the original roads and water sources. Good luck! Tsgman

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2country said:
Tsg , In the top picture , what are the curved things to the right of the buckle ? I have found several of them here in Va .
Toe plates, they went on the sole of the shoe. It was to help keep holes from wearing into the sole. If you look closely on the front edge they have dates stamped into them. Tsgman

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Cool stuff. Funny how you can find all that stuff and no coins.

Mirage
Yes we were a little dissapointed about that. We have a found a few earlier on and thats it. A 1865 2 cent and a 1866 Shield nickle.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it Tsgman if I end up on your door step it is your fault!! Neat finds to say the least. Thanks for posting. Burdie

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics Tsgman. Are still hunting that same campsite?

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
Nice relics Tsgman. Are still hunting that same campsite?
You know we kinda rotate around several sites. We found a few places last winter by scouting new places the first half of the day and working our exsisting sites the last part of the day. Usually we can rotate from one to another, this serves a couple purposes in that we don't wear out our welcome at any one spot and can keep looking at different areas.

These finds are from the camp we discovered last Nov. I dug 3 US buckles and the last count was around 800 to 900 bullets from this site. Funny thing was we drove past this spot a couple times because we found zero water anywhere that the troops would of had to have so we kinda wrote it off. One day we were driving by it and saw a old guy so we stopped to talk to him. He said yes there used to be old spring in the field but a old house was built on top of it! Bingo now we thought it had some possibilites, we got permisson to hunt the field and in about a hour or so covering the 40 some acres we hit the main part of the camp.

So I guess the lesson I learned is you can never discount a spot because so much can change after a 145 years. Happy hunting Tsgman

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I posted the same pics and story on Treasure Depot and was banned? Whats up with that? Tsgman

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tsgman said:
Hey guys, I posted the same pics and story on Treasure Depot and was banned? Whats up with that? Tsgman

Which one of their forums did you try it on? Did they have some kind of a limit on photo size or something?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread