What's new

Junk or Gold

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm at work and don't have pictures yet...sorry.

Today I found a gold colored necklace with a charm on it. It looks like junk. I think the gold is even wearing in parts. When I got to work I can see the necklace is marked 10K. I'm thinking if it was fake gold they would have put a higher marking on it. This is the first 10K necklace I've found so I was wondering if others have found real 10K jewelry that doesn't look real because of the lower gold content?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

NJ
 
I think I answered my own question. I remembered I had a loupe at work so I looked at the necklace a little closer. It is actually marked 18K and this is not 18K gold. I can see another metal where the gold weared off. Oh well...

NJ
 
Sorry 'bout your luck. I did find a 10k pendant but the chain was fake.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom