mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok it's not dumper diving but I go junkin. When the city's around me have big trash pickup I am looking. These last couple of weeks me and my boy have been driving around picking up junk. Now this is easy money. We have sold over a $900 is scrap metal. Plus we have made around $300 from stuff that we pick up and then sell on the internet. Even today I have sold $60 of stuff. A porch swing a non running lawn mower and a bag of lego blocks. I just may have to hit a couple of dumpster to see what is in them.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The urge can be irresistible, but as they say,''One man's trash is another man's treasure''.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to do that. When I was on terminal leave (from the Army) back in 2004 I made $2,000 that summer having yard sales selling things I picked up on trash days and a few things from around the house. I averaged $125 each day I held a sale. Back in the 90's I picked up some working older computers off the curb and sold them on Ebay for about $400. One night I picked up a smaller working snow blower and sold it 30 minutes after I got home, by putting it up by the sidewalk with a 4 sale sign. Treasure is where you find it.:thumbsup:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It amazes me how much money just lays around or is thrown away. You just have to be willing to move it around.

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get the chance very often now, but used to do this all the time when living on a military post. When families would move on a PCS, its amazing the things they would throw away. I did grab a three wheeled jogging stroller from a neighbors trash last week. It had flat tires. A couple innertube patches and it works great. Im going to use it for hauling all my gear down to the deer stand so I don't have to carry it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread