Just a curious survey....

Yes
I took my Deus 1 apart and just used the lower shaft and coil. Swinging it over some floor joists in a old falling apart brick home . I got a Loud signal and reached in and got a plastic bag with 3 two dollar bills and 8 Silver dollars inside it. I did give 2 silver dollas to the owner.

I still even have the plastic bag they came in and the two dollar bills

Here is a picture i took of the ones i found before i gave the house owner 2 of them I did put in another 2 dollar bill i had been saving . There were only 3 two dollar bills in the plastic bag'
SilverDollars.JPG

Yes or no...
Have you ever found a Silver Dollar ? Not talking about Sacagawea Dollars, but yes for Eisenhower Dollars, though not silver.
Just yes or no... I have not in 35 years of hunting... although I have dug almost everything else..

YES
NO

No-Just like you, I have found everything else

And just so people know, I was more referring to "in the field" finds not so much "cache" finds, that people hid a cache with intent to return, and someone knew where it was, as apposed to someone dropping the dollar coin and later you walking over it.. Like that...

Yes, 1889 S Morgan in a church picnic area, and Peace dollar near a 1940’s sports field concession stand. Both were fairly shallow hits.
Like this.. I have hunted hundreds of places new and old and never a silver dollar :crybaby2: :dontknow:

Here is a picture i took of the ones i found before i gave the house owner 2 of them I did put in another 2 dollar bill i had been saving . There were only 3 two dollar bills in the plastic bag'View attachment 2103415
i want what ever detector you used to detect the $2 bills LOL

I was using a Deus 1 I remember taking the coil out of the upper shaft and just swinging the lower part of the coil and lower shaft. One can do AMAZING things with the Deus's

In my 50th year of hunting. NO! Found everything else...even a $5 gold coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back