What's new

Just a knife

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
The last two mornings have been the pits! Yesterday I found ONE PENNY and 2 hairpins and that was all. This morning I went out thinking that today would be better but alas, it really wasn't. Well I found more than one penny in a way. Today I found this small knife and it looks pretty beat up. I found no coins at all but did find a couple more hairpins. I just was not getting any hits at all. I kept checking my coil against my scoop to make sure it was working! Sheesh. It was still a good morning. I met up with Papa Joe and we chatted for a short while. I don't think he did much better than I did but I will let him tell his own story. We found out that a couple of other hunters had hunted the same place the night before for several hours so no wonder we didn't find much but holes to step in. Ah well that's the way it goes sometimes.

Knife060510.jpg

Now tomorrow..... ahhhhh tomorrow will be better! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Just a knife is better than nothing. Way to go on that recovery. Everyone else missed it :thumbsup:
 
I may be way off, since I have only been doing this since September, but from stories past I get the feeling that a TON of people have taken up MD'ing on beaches since the economy soured... I even ran into an old fellow I know down at the lake yesterday that was swinging a dinosaur.. Man, I havent seen a machine like that since I was a kid... He said "well after you said the other day that you had picked up MD'ing, I figured I would get out my old machine and give her a whirl again"... Said he had found a nice 14k ring a few days ago at a local park I hunt (real small park at the town circle)...
I am still dumbfounded that after record crowds at Miami over the weekend, the other two detectors I saw and myself found very little... I cringe every time that damn Whites commercial comes on TV... I think they should also show the guy carrying a 5 gal bucket full of slaw, bottle tops, and pull tabs as well as walking along, digging an inch, and then holding up a huge gold ring...
Nice knife though Mums...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom