What's new

SUTRO GHOST TOWN

Conito@55

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
6,116
Golden Thread
1
Location
Carson City Nv
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
The Legend
Xp Deus2
Today I decided to spend a couple of hours at the spot I found a couple of years ago on the outskirts of the town of Sutro. I’ve been hunting there for more than three years. So I’m calling it quits and won’t be going back. Besides, they’re building a neighborhood there, and I think soon there won’t be any access to that spot anymore. this is what I found today
Screenshot_20260801_094611_Gallery.webp
20260801_090301.webp

20260801_120935.webp
20260801_120951.webp

20260801_090212.webp
20260801_090423(1).webp


I didn't find much today, but we'll see how lucky I am tomorrow
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Good thing you made those saves before they build that place up.
It's a shame, because I tried for a long time to get a permit to hunt in that area, but I was always turned down. Now there are several houses there. 🥲
 
That's a neat little ring. It's good that you got a bit of hunting there before it was built over but sad to lose such a nice site.
 
That's a neat little ring. It's good that you got a bit of hunting there before it was built over but sad to lose such a nice site.
That's right, it's a shame. But we did what we could there.
 
Today I decided to spend a couple of hours at the spot I found a couple of years ago on the outskirts of the town of Sutro. I’ve been hunting there for more than three years. So I’m calling it quits and won’t be going back. Besides, they’re building a neighborhood there, and I think soon there won’t be any access to that spot anymore. this is what I found today
View attachment 2261358View attachment 2261355
View attachment 2261378View attachment 2261379
View attachment 2261356View attachment 2261357

I didn't find much today, but we'll see how lucky I am tomorrow
You may not have found much, but it looks like you made a new friend! Congrats on your finds. Love the ring.
 
good lord! stay away from the wild horses!
 
good lord! stay away from the wild horses!
Of course, as long as I stay away from them. I have a lot of respect for them, although sometimes they come up to me, and that's when I take the opportunity to snap a few pictures
 
the stallions are VERY dangerous, and very protective of their mares. I have been warned with panting and stomping from 100+ yards away. But I understand how they get close too... they have NO fear. They literally will walk into the open door of your house.
 
the stallions are VERY dangerous, and very protective of their mares. I have been warned with panting and stomping from 100+ yards away. But I understand how they get close too... they have NO fear. They literally will walk into the open door of your house.
I know, but I think that in this area they're used to seeing people around them, but as I've told you before, I'm very careful and respectful toward them
 
Congrats ! I take it the town is named after Adolph Sutro ? Can you see the Sutro tunnel from there ?
 
He looks hungry, take a basket of apples next time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom