What's new

Just a long shot

farcticox

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 12, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Prince Edward Island
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anybody here keep old copies of the UK magazine Treasure Hunting, I am looking for an article from the mid 2000's on a find my late father made.

Thanks
 
I have hundreds of the treasure lost treasure found mags Ill look and see if I have any from the UK I have alot of other treasure hunting magazines Ill let you know if I do but I doubt it Good luck .What was the find he made. Have you tried ebay or writing the company ?
 
He called it a Saxon Wheel Broach, it was unusual in some way and got featured in Treasure Hunting. I have contacted them and joined there Facebook page, also asked on a UK detecting site, no luck. If all works out OK I should be getting his detector shipped from the UK, it is a Minelab Explorer SE, I know it is old now but he found gold and silver with it.
 
There's a back issue of the June 2003 magazine "Treasure Hunter" on eBay at the moment for £1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333300992648

It may well be the one you want, since there's a picture of a "disc brooch" featured on the front cover.

Disc Brooch.webp
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's what I was thinking, maybe I will ask the seller for more information, that would cost me $30 to get it delivered.
 
That's what I was thinking, maybe I will ask the seller for more information, that would cost me $30 to get it delivered.

Heck, I could buy it for £2.75 including UK delivery and email pdf scans of the relevant pages to you for free. If that's of interest to you and you don't need the actual magazine then PM me with your email address and I'll buy it if it's still available.

If you put a $5 bill in the hands of some homeless guy/girl who looks like they really need it, I'll be happy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom