What's new

Just a quick poll for fun...

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Ok, this next week I have 7 boxes coming for me (or I should, if everything goes as I have ordered it to) which is the most I've ever done in a week. One on Tuesday, Two on Thursday and Four on Friday. Now this is just for fun, but I wanted to see how many keepers all of you think I may get. My last full box was my best box with 186 keepers. I define 'keepers' as most anyone would, including silver halves, '87s, any proofs, '02-'07, and any commemoratives. I doubt I will even have a total reaching what my last box produced, but nonetheless I'm going to be optimistic and say I'll have 100 keepers out of the 7 boxes. Anyone care to venture a guess?

Update: Box 1 of 7: 6 keepers ('64x2, 66, 67x3)

Box 2 of 7: 5 keepers ('64x1, 66, 85S, 87S, 95S clad)

Box 3 of 7: 3 keepers (BU '82P no FG, 05P, 05D)

Box 4 of 7: 19 keepers (64, 64D, 65x2, 66x3, 67x3, 68Dx4, 69Dx3, 1996S SILVER proof, 05P)

Box 5 of 7: 9 keepers (65, 66, 67, 68Dx3, 69Dx3)

Box 6 of 7: 3 keepers (69D, 03D, 04D)

Box 7 of 7: 23 keepers (43S, 45, 64, 65x2, 66, 67x6, 68Dx7, 69Dx4)

Total: 68 keepers
 
Upvote 0
Ill guess 55.

But always the occasional big hit for a box that will change everything :)

I got exactly 40 keepers from 8 boxes this week. Ill take it, but thats not
too great LOL.

Hope you have better luck !
 
I think you are going to get lucky... Lets say......135. I no longer consider 2002-+ keepers unless they are proofs. They maybe worth something someday, but I doubt in my life time. If your a young man in your 20s they may be worth keeping. Just my humble opinion.
 
tw656 said:
I think you are going to get lucky... Lets say......135. I no longer consider 2002-+ keepers unless they are proofs. They maybe worth something someday, but I doubt in my life time. If your a young man in your 20s they may be worth keeping. Just my humble opinion.

That's a fair enough assessment, however I don't actually save them. Once I get enough for a roll I sell them on Ebay and they sell for a decent profit. That's why I consider them keepers.
 
Thats funny, what kind of profit are you making? My coin dealer wont buy them. :D
 
tw656 said:
Thats funny, what kind of profit are you making? My coin dealer wont buy them. :D

I've sold 3 rolls so far, first one went for ~$28 or so, the 2nd highest bidder contacted me and asked if I had any more rolls, so I sent him a 2nd chance offer which he accepted for ~$27, then the third one only sold for ~$16. That's why to me they are worth keeping.
 
Ok, total was 68 Keepers out of the 7 boxes. Check my original post for totals. Not all that good. However...I did get a few 'firsts' including my first silver proof (1996), 3 new dates for proofs ('85, '87 & '95) and two new dates for Walkers ('43S and '45). Actually the 1943S Walker is the first San Francisco minted 90% silver coin I've found in circulation (aside from the '96S silver proof I got today also). All in all it was fun, it was worth it, and I got 68 more keepers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom