DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
028.JPG019.JPG004.JPGWalked around a few hours this afternoon, got one decent scraper find ,and found some more chippings,it was just too hot in the sun for it ,so I made my way down to the creek and walked it for a little ways.I found the two darker pieces down there but I think they are natural?We had a decent downpour the other night but it just doesn't seem to want to rain for very long 'when it does".seems like all the storms are missing us.Oh yeah,I almost forgot to mention my little fat buddy there,don't let that cute little face fool you.I think he is the devil!He always gets excited when something new comes in the house.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you ever checked any of your creeks for gold with all that quartz? You could be on a gold mine :). Nice cat. I miss mine!

Debitage is better than nothing at all. The scraper might be a broken something its hard to tell with the quartz sometimes. You might be in a trash pit area.

Have you ever checked any of your creeks for gold with all that quartz? You could be on a gold mine :). Nice cat. I miss mine!
Wouldn't that be nice!I have no idea how to look for it if it was there.Most of the creeks around this piece of Va are those still water, mud,gravel bottom type creeks.Thanks,he is a little booger!

Debitage is better than nothing at all. The scraper might be a broken something its hard to tell with the quartz sometimes. You might be in a trash pit area.
I am not sure about the scraper ether.It looks like it was chipped down to a edge,but like you said quarts is hard to tell sometimes.I am thinking it is probable ,only because where I found it.But I still have a rookie eye with the stuff.

Good finds and keep looking your in the right spot and I have found gold in every creek I have ever looked in. It may only be so small it took a microscope to see it, but it was gold.

Some of your scraps could be broken tips the area might of been where they were trying to make artifacts. Quartz breaks easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back