Just Curious.....How Many Land Hunt Only, Beach Hunt Only Or Do Both?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Because the AT Series can be used for water hunting too, it opens up a whole new territory for some. Yet, some just stick to land hunting simply because they have no interest for water hunting or just don't have any water within a reasonable driving distance.

2.jpg

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do both but I use a different machine for the swimming holes. It is lighter and easier to handle in moving water...d2

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my AT Gold in freshwater and on land.
My avatar was found in a freshwater lake in 2012, within a couple of weeks of receiving my AT Gold.
I will be spending Memorial Day week hunting a combination of Texas Rivers and land. I plan on tubing with my gear.
This will be my first time to use my Pro pointer AT ( AKA The Garrett Carrot ) in the water.
Unfortunately, I have to switch detectors for saltwater, as the AT Gold and saltwater don't play well together.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both but prefer beach..

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Primary land hunter, occasionally beach

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Both but prefer the lakes and beaches. Love the ease of retrieving targets in the sand

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Primarily land hunter, but that is gonna change!
Upgraded to the AT Pro last month, got an RTG scoop(today):hello2:, and next check I will be calling Bart about the grey ghost amphibian headphones. Looking forward to getting in the water!

Oh, and when I pay for parking.... I will feed the meters with toasted clad that I dug, cuz that's how I roll.:laughing7:

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ATP. Most of the time on land but I enjoy beach hunting too! On rivers I only went once though. I'll be going next week on a river hunt in which the Hispanic American war was fought!

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do both, but I have more access to land than beaches. And when I've done beaches I've never found anything old or worth saving. They seem to get cleaned out regularly.

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do land and lake/river hunting. Right in the middle of the country so the beach is out of reach!

AT Pro + Grey Ghost Amphibians is a killer combo in the swimming holes.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both I hunt farm fields and rivers. I've used the pro for both but haven't got the gold wet yet. It will get a workout this year and my pro pointer at will also.

Fire9378

Mar 4, 2015
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
T-Rex Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt both, more beach to be honest. Picked up the Grey Ghost Amphibians in Feb and love them. Was finding stuff in my back yard that I had missed before. Also just ordered a NEL Attack for the ATPro. Can't wait to get home in June and get the set-up in the water, time to find some tourist gold!!!

Oldest land coin to date was a 1953 Rosi from an obscure park. Just always had better luck at the beach.

Good Hunting!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
2500 for dry, LS for wet.

Summer wet, winter dry. (it's Florida, can't go in the water when it's under 80F.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread