What's new

just curious on this thingy

prolab69

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
1,619
Reaction score
1,028
Golden Thread
0
Location
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the smaller side says midget and PAT Jan 7, 1913
my guess is that its a coat hanger from a wardrobe chest, but never had a 2nd opinion. also has anntenas that stick out, but in 1913 there were no radios, maybe the Pat is just 1913 and this was made later on.

any guesses?
 

Attachments

  • 01.webp
    01.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 778
  • 02.webp
    02.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 681
  • 03.webp
    03.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 675
  • 04.webp
    04.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 717
  • 05.webp
    05.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 780
If it were rabbit ears there would be wires or the provision for them.My guess is a traveling/folding coat hanger.
 
Upvote 0
It must be ;D a 'coathanger' and very cool it is too :thumbsup:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Garment hanger is exactly what it is...


Patent Number 1,049,867
 

Attachments

  • hanger.webp
    hanger.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 924
Upvote 0
well, no idea on its age, had the thing for a while. Pretty cool schematics on it tho,
thanks a bunch,

pro-
 
Upvote 0
that is rather cool, reminds me of an inspector gadget or 007 device.
 
Upvote 0
Wow! That's one of the neatest things I've seen posted here in a long time.

Reminds me of the scene in the first Indiana Jones movie when the Gestapo officer comes to the desert to interrogate the girl. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out something that looks like nunchucks, then folds it in to a hanger for his coat. I guess people back then took better care of their stuff. I have a "hat saver" in my 1948 Chevrolet. It lets you hang your hat on the ceiling with a spring loaded wire bail so it doesn't get sat upon.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Wow! That's one of the neatest things I've seen posted here in a long time.

Reminds me of the scene in the first Indiana Jones movie when the Gestapo officer comes to the desert to interrogate the girl. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out something that looks like nunchucks, then folds it in to a hanger for his coat. I guess people back then took better care of their stuff. I have a "hat saver" in my 1948 Chevrolet. It lets you hang your hat on the ceiling with a spring loaded wire bail so it doesn't get sat upon.

DCMatt
cool find Prolab.DCMatt i was lmao when i read your response. That very scene from Indiana Jones had already came to mind before i got down to your response.The gestapo guy pulls this thing out all intimidating looking and then hangs his coat on it ;D
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I know the scene. Its where you think he`s going to choke her, but hangs his coat up instead. everytime I watch that part I say to myself... " I have one of those" lol....I found this thing back in the 70s when i was a little kid and for some reason just held onto it. Kinda strange....the misc stuff we collect throughout the years....

thanks
Pro-
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom