Just got a vx3 today and can use some advice

stickyfingers427

Jan 23, 2013
Just got a vx3 today and I was playing around with it and doing an air test and holy cow I couldn't believe how far away it was nailing my silver coins... Almost double the distance my fisher f5 was hitting... I hope it's like that out in the field!!!...I'm having a constant hum out of the speaker at all times that I can't get rid of.. Right from start up and even when I change settings it does not go away... Any vx3 users got some advice for me?

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That constant hum is the threshold. You can turn the volume up or down. And can change the pitch. It'll cut out when going over discriminated targets.

OP
OP
stickyfingers427

stickyfingers427

Jan 23, 2013
That constant hum is the threshold. You can turn the volume up or down. And can change the pitch. It'll cut out when going over discriminated targets.

Thanks freemindstuck... It's so much faster when you ask a question on this forum to get the answers you need

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the VX3 but you want the threshold where you can barely hear it so it won't mask those real deep whisper targets, the more you turn up the sensivetivity the more you'll want to turn the volume down on the threshold. HH

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ll ways look at the screen when the treas hold breaks that when you visually see the tar get but you discretion knock the sound out but your detector still see's it
you get a second chance

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my V3i yesterday and actually spent time trying to find out how to turn my threshold on!...LOL. I love the backround hum and you know you hit something that is soooo slight when you hear the hum break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread