Just got a Whites Classic II SL for a trade. Good deal?

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any tips with this detector anyone?

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dont know anything about that one im sure your cibola is a lot better

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I mainly got it for the kids to use out on hunts. I no longer needed the old computer and I figure even if it doesn't go deep at least it detects metal lol. To me that is always fun. Much better than the old BFO detector they were using. They get tickled when they find money.

ifindit

Feb 21, 2013
Largo, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites' Coin Master GT
You can go to Whites' website and look at the manual or download it as a PDF file.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one , its ben used for 3 yrs on and 3 yrs off and now back on . It does have 6-8 inches in depth on most soil , it dont ground ballance out but a guess thats the way its made it sure finds all metal targets and half of the time i use it in pin- point mode because its more senetive for smaller targets .Seems to do well on most beachs too .

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one , its ben used for 3 yrs on and 3 yrs off and now back on . It does have 6-8 inches in depth on most soil , it dont ground ballance out but a guess thats the way its made it sure finds all metal targets and half of the time i use it in pin- point mode because its more senetive for smaller targets .Seems to do well on most beachs too .

Actually H-2 Charlie it will ground balance out. It says in the manual that there is a hole underneath the made in america sticker that you can take a small screwdriver to adjust the ground balance for your area. What I think is so cool is White's included that in there and recommended folks use it if they wanted to adjust the ground balance.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're a good detector and I think there's some nice mods out there for them if you're savvy with electronics

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any white's is a good white'
I love all my white's there second to none....

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually H-2 Charlie it will ground balance out. It says in the manual that there is a hole underneath the made in america sticker that you can take a small screwdriver to adjust the ground balance for your area. What I think is so cool is White's included that in there and recommended folks use it if they wanted to adjust the ground balance.
. The pop out cap where the adjustment is , is for toning down the mineralized soil . so if its to hot you just turn it down like black sand on the beach , correct me if im wrong .

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. The pop out cap where the adjustment is , is for toning down the mineralized soil . so if its to hot you just turn it down like black sand on the beach , correct me if im wrong .

Pop out cap? We are talking about the White's Classic II SL right? ???

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a pop out cap under the sticker I am not aware of it. I haven't had the detector long and haven't removed the sticker to find out if there is or isn't. But yes it would be the same exact thing as an internal trim pot to adjust the ground balance. So if the mineralization is too positive you would turn it counterclockwise or down to adjust it more negative in order to cancel out the ground effects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread