What's new

Just got my Ace 250

cybball

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brand new to MD and to the site. I got my new Ace 250 in the mail today and fired it up in the yard. I must have a ton of trash under the sod. 10 year old home and the builders just rolled sod right over all the garbage. I'll be moving out to a better spot this afternoon. Can't wait!
 
Do some research and see what was on your home site before your home. They usually don't put a lot of fill dirt in when they build a new home.The dirt from excavating the foundation is usually sufficent,and they just move it around. I would absolutely take it out somewhere and try it out.Save detecting your yard for when you maybe only have a half hour or so to detect or a rainy day in between showers. Good luck with your Ace,I own one and love it.Its a great machine with a few quirks,which you will learn..Good luck and welcome to a great hobby!
 
Ran the kids out to my inlaw's farm last night. My daughter was a great help. I don't have my pinpointer yet (ordered one), so had to use the Ace. We did fairly well with junk. Lots and lots of metal out there. Found an iron nail, shotgun shell (paper was gone), 22 cal casing, crumpled piece of aluminum, and other random metal. It was a lot of fun to do it. I figured out that I need a better digger and the pinpointer will speed up the process. Getting back out over the weekend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom