What's new

just got this RTG

weeds

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
at pro
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.rtgstore.com/scoops/sstipbig.jpg
sstipbig.webp

it is a lot bigger then i thought... should work nicely
 
Upvote 0
Those are great scoops...Ive got one.
 
Good choice. RTG stainless steel scoops are bullet proof.
 
Good choice. RTG stainless steel scoops are bullet proof.

It looks like an aluminum scoop (to keep weight down) with a riveted stainless steel tip to reduce wear
and cut through hard bottom. It is a good all around scoop: Light for trudging around on dry sand,
can rapidly dig in wet sand as basket load is not to heavy. Works okay in the water as long as the surge/waves are not too strong - harder to hold position as a little corky.

It is a great scoop, but not bullet proof.
I started out with one, and still use it, when I hunt all zones on a trip: Dry Sand, Wet Sand, Water.
 
Last edited:
I have the same Aluminum SS tipped scoop. Works great for me (dry, wet, or soaked), not that heavy. I painted mine so the aluminum won't turn my hads black over time.
 
Great scoop. I drilled 18 extra holes in mine to help it drain faster.
 
i was pretty surprised at how well it was built... *L* good thing it isnt bullet proof i just thought
of and easy way of putting some extra .45" holes in it *LOL*... hopefully i will get down to the lake
this weekend expand my collection of pop tops and bottle tops...

penzfan... where did you put the extra towards the front?
 
Last edited:
Don't know about the aluminum scoops, but I can stand on my RTG stainless scoop and I'm 220.
 
My RTG scoop has a tendency to twist when it hits some hard sand in or out of the water. I prefer my stealth which is a little heavier but does the trick.
 
Good, strong, scoop. Congrats!
 
i can not see this bending twisting or anything... it is aluminum but i will tell you it is a tank.
it looks strong enough to dig dirt......
 
I can actually STAND on my RTG in the ocean while digging and it does not flinch.
 
i can not see this bending twisting or anything... it is aluminum but i will tell you it is a tank.
it looks strong enough to dig dirt......
I think he meant that it rolls over to one side...it does not twist or flex, that's for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom