just may have found a good digging spot;) u tell me

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
today while a friend and i were detecting a old foundation i have been wanting to get at, i started to see alot of older glass above ground, its like upper 100's outside, in the middle of the desert, im not getting any good hits so i deside to run my mini pick axe in the ground (the ground is hard over here) where the older glass is, after scraping about 6 in of dirt my axe brings up my first older bottle, dug bottle that is.its nothing special, no markings, but it just feels good;) the axe chipped the lip, also i found the bottom half of a square bottle in the same scraping. i had to leave right after because i did not prepare for the heat and planned on spending just a few mins outdoors. from the research on the pieces i found above ground, they date around 1880's to early 1900's. so next week i will atempt to dig out a nice square, the problem is this will be my first time and the ground really really sucks around here, so i have to figure what tools and approach to take this. oh and the way home i stopped by a local antique store and bought a duffys malt whiskey with the back label still on for 4 bucks, i think im getting bottle fever;)
p.s. as for metal detecing i found some sort of clock parts
everyone have a good night

Attachments

• DSCF4244.JPG
    DSCF4244.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCF4243.JPG
    DSCF4243.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCF4240.JPG
    DSCF4240.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCF4239.JPG
    DSCF4239.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting but could be a tedious dig getting through the hard ground without breaking any of the finds. HH, Mike

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Nice bottles. If you pour some water over the area prior to digging the gound may soften up. I'm not familiar with your ground conditions so I'm really not sure. It's just a thought. Good luck.

Glenn

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool....looks like you havea great spot...just go slow. I about had a heart attack when I saw the malt whiskey...was thinking "how could he dig that with the perfect label?: hahahaha....then read the post! ;)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Wait until fall kicks in and you get several days of rain sometime, then swoop on it!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
you dont have to tell me, i have been stung 3 time by scorpions!!!!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, also nice score from the antique shop!
I wonder what other stuff is in that bottle dump area you've found? Time will tell!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
well, i will for sure post any finds or no finds of the dump area, might be a few weeks away tho

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice finds! Some of those shards look even older than 1880,try digging and detecting/sifting the dirt from it too

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, i like the oics, i saw one of the clok in ebay;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread