Just picked up a Stingray 1, Tiger Shark and a Sand Shark!

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

Just looking for tips on the setting for smaller Gold. I bought these machines for the great rep for smaller gold. The stingray sings like a champ on small necklaces and I mean small! I got the stingray for a trade for a GTI 2500 450 cash and the Ray so that wasnt a bad deal. The Sandshark and TigerShark are practically brand new! 400 a piece!! Great deal there to as well! Just wanted to say I joined the TESORO club and I will hopefully get some vids out for them because I FOUND NOT 1! Anyway thanks for the tips in advance!

CB

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first generation Stingray was excellent at picking up those SMALL links in thin necklaces and other jewelry items. Also, it is a very good nuggetshooting machine for those trips to the gold fields. Hey, small gold is small gold; no matter it's form.
I envy your find on the Stingray. I had one and wish I'd kept it, but had to sell it at the time for living money. Don't know anything about the Sand Shark and Tiger Shark, Whichever one is the VLF machine, it'll be at least as good as the Stingray, if not a little bit better. I've never used the other type of detector circuitry.

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow!! With the shortage of these machines on the market....you hit a treasure just finding them!!! Let me know how you like the sand shark......I have one on order and hope to have it by Labor Day this year.

LittleJohn

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are indeed a lucky man to be able to get three of the best.

As for settings you will have max sens to small gold with ZERO disc. not All Metal.

Attachments

• P4060070.JPG
    P4060070.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 941

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a Sand Shark for $350. I doubt I will get it before the oil hits >:(

I've had the Tiger Shark, but I never tested it on chains. It worked pretty good in the surf here, but it did chirp on those tiny bits of mystery metal when they were wet. I think the previous owner may have set the sensitivity a bit too high.

M

miser

I had a Tesoro dealer call and talk to Tesoro this week about when production might begin again on the Sand Shark and Tiger Shark. Tesoro says they are getting very close and seemed to imply don't be surprised if production starts again by the end of the month.
I know that rumor has been running forever, hopefully this time its true.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
miser said:
I had a Tesoro dealer call and talk to Tesoro this week about when production might begin again on the Sand Shark and Tiger Shark. Tesoro says they are getting very close and seemed to imply don't be surprised if production starts again by the end of the month.
I know that rumor has been running forever, hopefully this time its true.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes, I spoke with Vince (President) at Tesoro and things look good!

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I have had a Stingray #1 for years and I would not trade it for a new Tiger Shark. Very sensitive to small gold and a crisp response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread