What's new

Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pics added

Chicago Ron

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
608
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
In the Lake in Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Was in England for 3 weeks October 1st to 22nd. Got some nice hammered silver coins, a roman silver and 2 gold coins

First on came on the 14th A 70 bc Celtic gold 1/4 stater Morini type


Second one was on the 20th, A George III 1/4 guinea 1762


Thanks for looking!
Chicago Ron
 

Attachments

  • 1762 qtr guin obv.webp
    1762 qtr guin obv.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 4,294
  • 1762 qtr guin rev.webp
    1762 qtr guin rev.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 4,252
  • morini obv.webp
    morini obv.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 4,249
  • morinirev.webp
    morinirev.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 4,249
Upvote 2
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2

4-H said:
Silver Searcher said:
::) ::) ::)

Yep the fields of England are full of Gold and Silver Coins :help: everybody book your flight, and don't forget the Camcorder ::)

SS
HaHaHaHaHaHa!

Just what you need over there, huh Mate?

They are nice coins though!
:icon_scratch: :dontknow:

SS
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2

Wow Ron! :icon_thumleft: Those are awesome! There's a vacation I wouldn't forget.....give us some details man, then again, duh, I was so excited for you I didn't even watch the video's yet! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2

CRUSADER said:
I guess thats why you pay the good money for the good sites. I've done 550 hours this year with 0 Gold Coins :laughing9:



I've only had one and a half in four years :o
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2

That is just silly !! BANNER !!!!!!!!!!! Argentium.
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Thanks for all the great comments. There were actually 2 other gold coins found durring my 3 week hunt a George III Half Guinea and another Celtic gold 1/4 stater. I have lots of info and pictures on my website chicagoron.com

Thanks again I love this hobbie and it people are the best!
HH Chicago Ron
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Chicago Ron said:
Thanks for all the great comments. There were actually 2 other gold coins found durring my 3 week hunt a George III Half Guinea and another Celtic gold 1/4 stater. I have lots of info and pictures on my website chicagoron.com

Thanks again I love this hobbie and it people are the best!
HH Chicago Ron

I know your group put the time & money in, it would be somewhat of a shame if you didn't go home with one. I'm just happy I live here & its free, otherwise it would take the edge off it. Its an amazing hobby which is unpredictable which makes it more exciting, last year I had 5, I would have expected 1 this year but its unlikely to happen now :wink: Still plenty of land next year :sign13:

I'm happy for your continued success, you have clearly transitioned well to UK field hunting :hello2:
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

It was so great seeing and holding those beauties Ron.
Your one bad ass out in those fields and deserve them hands down, as they are as rare as hen's teeth.
Enjoyed the time spent hunting in your shadow over the past couple of weeks, and the memories will last for many. :headbang: :coffee2:
The vote's in on this one!
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

BANNER!
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

I know your group put the time & money in, it would be somewhat of a shame if you didn't go home with one. I'm just happy I live here & its free, otherwise it would take the edge off it. Its an amazing hobby which is unpredictable which makes it more exciting, last year I had 5, I would have expected 1 this year but its unlikely to happen now :wink: Still plenty of land next year :sign13:

I'm happy for your continued success, you have clearly transitioned well to UK field hunting :hello2:
[/quote]
Thanks crusader. I would be in a wheel chair if I lived over there, I just can't get enough. Although after 3 weeks of 11 hours a day detecting I almost need traction. LOL I have enjoyed drooling over your posts for a couple years now! Keep the good stuff coming,
It seems to me gold coins were more widely used and circulated in the UK then here in the states. Plus all the mideval, georgan and Victorian Love tokens and ritual/good harvest offerings by the Celts.
In the Spring 2 of my team found Saxon gold coins a hoard reported as treasure, it will probably be purchased by the British museum. Here are the pic's
 

Attachments

  • Johns saxongold4f.webp
    Johns saxongold4f.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 3,842
  • John saxongold4.webp
    John saxongold4.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 3,847
  • saxongold.webp
    saxongold.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 3,835
  • saxongold2.webp
    saxongold2.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 3,830
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2

CRUSADER said:
I guess thats why you pay the good money for the good sites. I've done 550 hours this year with 0 Gold Coins :laughing9:

You Told me I not to go up to U.K to bad weather ........!
now the only two remaining coins in the UK will be in America. :laughing7:
Good coins !!
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Chicago Ron said:
I know your group put the time & money in, it would be somewhat of a shame if you didn't go home with one. I'm just happy I live here & its free, otherwise it would take the edge off it. Its an amazing hobby which is unpredictable which makes it more exciting, last year I had 5, I would have expected 1 this year but its unlikely to happen now :wink: Still plenty of land next year :sign13:

I'm happy for your continued success, you have clearly transitioned well to UK field hunting :hello2:
Thanks crusader. I would be in a wheel chair if I lived over there, I just can't get enough. Although after 3 weeks of 11 hours a day detecting I almost need traction. LOL I have enjoyed drooling over your posts for a couple years now! Keep the good stuff coming,
It seems to me gold coins were more widely used and circulated in the UK then here in the states. Plus all the mideval, georgan and Victorian Love tokens and ritual/good harvest offerings by the Celts.
In the Spring 2 of my team found Saxon gold coins a hoard reported as treasure, it will probably be purchased by the British museum. Here are the pic's
[/quote]

Yeap Saxon Gold is incredible, it will probably remain on my list until I die & yes I do hurt already :laughing9:
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Gold anywhere is good!Huge congrats!!
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Man Ron, a couple of great finds. Congrats on yet another celtic gold! And I love the videos; beautiful... makes it seem like it's actually possible...

Yep, I found my only gold coin over there as well... Pillaging Americans! :)
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Sweet finds. Congratulations. I voted Banner. Would love to dig over there some day.
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

Great video and presentation! And even better finds. Congratulations!!Banner for sure!
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

From the land of the Bluenose.....that is awesome...were you in Colchester?
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

just curious, how did they ring up on your MD
awesome finds, congrats
 
Re: Just returned from 3 weeks in England. gold coin X2 Pic's added

AHHH GOOD OLE ENGLAND!!!!! Stater....Guinea.... :icon_scratch:....no time to even think about it....BANNER!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom