What's new

Just started

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
After reading this forum for two weeks I figured I try some bank prospecting myself. Went bank hopping for halves here is what I got.

2006 Silver Eagle
2x 1940 Walking Liberty
1954 Franklin
4x 1964
44x 40%

Now I'm hooked
 
Upvote 0
great scoop!!! a silver eagle to boot! that's an awesome haul regardless of whether it's your first or thousandth!

CONGRATS!

one question. how'd you end up with that eagle?
 
The teller at the bank told me she only had six half dollars and asked if I was interested in dollars. I told her only the big ones,and she said that she had one,which was the eagle.
 
It still dumbfounds me that people can't see the whole 1 oz fine silver on the Eagles. Oh well you got the spoils from their folly. Still sucks for them as they could have easily got 12-15 bucks out of it at their local pawn shop. I can't wait till I get my first silver score. I've been sorting pennies lately but went through a few hundred dollars in hand rolls of halves and SKUNK.
 
GOT THESE 4 THE SAME WAY

MOJO
 

Attachments

  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 232
  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 229
Great job!!!

At my bank the teller asked me what these coins are. They were silver eagles that she bought from her drawer. I had no idea the people used them as $1 coins... But they are out there for the taking!!!!
 
WOW!!! I'm going to start Monday. I got interested when my 3yr old son pulled out a '64 quarter and '40 Nickel from the return slot of a Coinstar last weekend, included was a bout $10.00 in clad. Monday Im going to hit a bank or 2. My bank stated that they don't have halves, the teller had to think about it too. She's has also been there for sometime and might be up to par on rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom