Just the 1 silver today 😆 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ahh what a week, I still can’t believe I found a gold coin! 😅… was actually a bit nervous going out today!

But it was a gorgeous day, actually quite warm, we went back to the same 2 fields, no gold but lots of great bits, and I found a hammered so continued my streak!

Lovely little casket key, crotal bell, buckles, patterned piece, gorgeous lead weight, another patterned bit, I think this is a lead cap, the top is sealed (next pic) a damaged brooch (?) buttons by the score, pretty ones as well and a lead counter, not sure what this is Jetton (?) then my little bent hammered, found very close to where I found the stater.

A perfect day of peaceful swinging in the sun, with no mind blowing excitement to deal with… bliss 😆 xx

IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1522.jpeg
IMG_1523.jpeg
IMG_1524.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg
IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1528.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1530.jpeg
IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_1511.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg

Upvote 30
OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
You do such a nice job showcasing your finds with some lovely photos. Great hammered silver! I also love the casket key...why is it called that? Were caskets actually locked back in the day? How old do you think the key is?
Ahh thank you!! 😊 xx not sure how old the key is.. but my fav find of the day.. 😆… now if we could find the little licked box of treasure tomoz wouldnt that be something 😆 xx

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always look forward to your posts blossom, you always have such great finds and awesome pics. Great job on another solid hunt!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh what a week, I still can’t believe I found a gold coin! 😅… was actually a bit nervous going out today!

But it was a gorgeous day, actually quite warm, we went back to the same 2 fields, no gold but lots of great bits, and I found a hammered so continued my streak!

Lovely little casket key, crotal bell, buckles, patterned piece, gorgeous lead weight, another patterned bit, I think this is a lead cap, the top is sealed (next pic) a damaged brooch (?) buttons by the score, pretty ones as well and a lead counter, not sure what this is Jetton (?) then my little bent hammered, found very close to where I found the stater.

A perfect day of peaceful swinging in the sun, with no mind blowing excitement to deal with… bliss 😆 xx

View attachment 2130670 View attachment 2130671 View attachment 2130672 View attachment 2130673 View attachment 2130674 View attachment 2130675 View attachment 2130676 View attachment 2130677 View attachment 2130678 View attachment 2130679 View attachment 2130680 View attachment 2130681 View attachment 2130682 View attachment 2130683 View attachment 2130684 View attachment 2130685
What?! No Celtic gold?! :)

I think himself needs to find gold now...just shy of the age your gold was. :)

Beautiful finds!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Hammered short cross. The Jetton is really good also.
Cool looking key, a bit different shaped.
Best of luck with your Sunday hunt.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blossom,
I have been waiting for another post from you. I'm sure you have been very busy with TV interviews, parades, and book signings after finding that gold coin. No gold in this post, but we have to suffer through it. :laughing7: :tongue3:
Just kidding of course. I have been telling everyone about that gold coin you dug. Outstanding once in a lifetime find young lady. 🍺:headbang:
You did very well this time too. Your coins and relics are fantastic.
MM

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Blossom,
I have been waiting for another post from you. I'm sure you have been very busy with TV interviews, parades, and book signings after finding that gold coin. No gold in this post, but we have to suffer through it. :laughing7: :tongue3:
Just kidding of course. I have been telling everyone about that gold coin you dug. Outstanding once in a lifetime find young lady. 🍺:headbang:
You did very well this time too. Your coins and relics are fantastic.
MM
Hey MM, honestly I feel that I have tried really hard not to let my fame affect my normally modest disposition 😆…. But have written an article for Treasure Hunting mag.… will share it when it’s published! and it goes without saying Your more than welcome to pop over and see it anytime xx 😎 (Truthfully I still honestly cannot believe I found it) xx

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MM, honestly I feel that I have tried really hard not to let my fame affect my normally modest disposition 😆…. But have written an article for Treasure Hunting mag.… will share it when it’s published! and it goes without saying Your more than welcome to pop over and see it anytime xx 😎 (Truthfully I still honestly cannot believe I found it) xx
That is so cool. I used to write articles for the western and eastern treasures magazine back when it was still in publication. I probably have about 10 stories in there and my ugly mug was on the front cover twice. Maybe that’s why they went out of business. L O L.

Attachments

• IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2130670 View attachment 2130671 View attachment 2130672 View attachment 2130673 View attachment 2130674 View attachment 2130675 View attachment 2130676 View attachment 2130677 View attachment 2130678 View attachment 2130679 View attachment 2130680 View attachment 2130681 View attachment 2130682 View attachment 2130683 View attachment 2130684 View attachment 2130685
I'm guessing that the area you found the coin in has been thoroughly scoured for other gold :). Knowing me , I'd probably be doing test pits :) and not sleeping much...with a find like that will archeologists be called out? Or does there need to be more signs of activity?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
I'm guessing that the area you found the coin in has been thoroughly scoured for other gold :). Knowing me , I'd probably be doing test pits :) and not sleeping much...with a find like that will archeologists be called out? Or does there need to be more signs of activity?
Yes i spent quite a bit of time there both days.. on Saturday i found the short cross hammered in the same area.. and on sunday i found the silver cufflink there. Have reported the Stater to the FLO… and was actually quite disappointed with the lack of excitement, our previous FLO was always super excited with the stuff we took in.. this one not so much 🤔… hey ho, i guess its a blessing in disguise… ! They have started preparing the fields for the next crop, so our days will now be numbered in these fields… 😔 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread