What's new

Just Wondering

rockhound

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
592
Golden Thread
0
I was reading a true story about a man who found a gold ledge in the desert and came out alive with a small poke full of nuggets. It took him 3 months to recooperate. He swore never to go again, but another man wanted to finance an expedition, and talked him into returning again. This time both perished. My question is " If you knew where a absolute fortune was in the desert with a 50/50 chance of being wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, or a 50/50 chance of not making it back. How many would take the chance?"
 
sounds like the kind of superstition that Sabre15 talks about, on this post:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,211331.0.html

If you've been into metal detecting any length of time, you'll agree that if we all had a dime for each treasure lead that friends and passerbys give us, we'd have no more need to go detecting :)
 
Stuffs packed. Whos driving?
 
This story took place in western Australia. Starting in Alice Springs going southwest in the mostly unexplored outback. It is some of the inhospitable land on earth. This story took place in the 1890-1920 timeframe. The gold he brought back on his first trip was exceedingly high grade. He told of a ledge 10 feet thick by 1-1/2 miles wide by 10 miles long. Estimated in 1920 assays at 3 oz to the ton, estimated 1.5 million. Now it could be priceless. It is a well documented story, so much so that a mining company equipped an expedition in 1955. It was a disaster with lost equipment and personnel. If anyone is interested.
 
It will only take me a hour to pack so when do we go....mlayers
 
I don't think the desert would do me in, but I'm certain I couldn't survive the shock of being wealthy. :P

One good thing about rock bottom: it's rock solid, too. Nobody ever died from jumping out of a basement window.
 
I don't think the desert would do me in, but I'm certain I couldn't survive the shock of being wealthy.

One good thing about rock bottom: it's rock solid, too. Nobody ever died from jumping out of a basement window.


I am sooooo there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom