Kanadian koins rule lately!

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
I've been out a few times lately, swinging the M-6. Problem with living in the relatively newly populated regions of the Montana prairie, is we don't find any of the really old, cool stuff the folks back east find, oh well. Lots of clad, I finally figured out the mystery of the nickels, I hit our fairgrounds and found 4 seperate nickels, I was thrilled. Thanks to whoever it was who told me what readings to look for. I have found one keeper lately, a neighbor lady gave me permission to hunt her yard, and I found 3 clad dimes, a clad quarter, a toy car, a nice silver spoon, a St. Jude's medal, and a beautiful 1934 Canadian nickel. The darn thing looks like it was just dropped, still has some of the original shine on it. I was happy, today I loaded up my trusty hunting partner, Ozzy the wonder mini schnauzer and hit the fairgrounds again. It was Canadian day for sure, found a lone memorial penny, a clad quarter, then found a Canadian pocket spill of a looney, 2 dimes and a penny, then over in another area I found 2 more loonies, with the Canadian dollar at par, I actually made some money! The Canadian coins bounce around abit on the VDI, but generally show in the zinc penny range, it was fun for an hour hunt, then I had to go to work.

Take care amigos, and keep them swinging...

Upvote 0
great to see you get an old coin :)

HH
-GC

Nice finds and I am sure you are loving the M6 as I am. My nickel finds fall in the VDI range of 16 to 18. Anything higher is usually a pull tab.
HH Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back