What's new

Kangaroo Coin

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Smittyman picked me up early Saturday morning, and we headed for Todd Lipe's house. Todd guaranteed that we would find silver, so off we went.

We hit several places like schools, parks and a couple of permissions. As was promised, both Smittyman and I found silver. That Todd is something else!

I managed to find:
1953 Rosie
(8) Wheaties
Mill Marble
Junk Ring
Junk Earing
2000 Sacagawea Dollar
1943 Australia Penny

I really like the Australian coin, it's really large, extra green and crusty with a Kangaroo on it! What's not to like about that?

YTD silver coin #45.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150816_181339_354-1.webp
    IMG_20150816_181339_354-1.webp
    234.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20150816_170746_650-1.webp
    IMG_20150816_170746_650-1.webp
    455.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 44
good job on the finds tom, I gotta get me one of those guaranteed methods lol!!

that's a cool aussie coin!
 
That's a really cool Roo! Congrats on that and the Rosie!
 
They use those Aussie pennies in kangaroo court to pay fines (ha, I made a joke) All kidding aside, a forties Australian coin? That is too cool, I'm jelly. Nice hunt buddy.

Whammy, it came from Australia (ha, I'm a real jokester)
 
Looks like a good hunt to me. Congratz!
 
Sweet silver, a hopper, wheats, and a weapon...I mean marble! Nice! Congrats!

Tom...psssst...Tom, did the weirdo look a little like TL?
 
Excellent hunt.
Congrats on the silver and Aussie.
I really like it when I dig a marble. We don't get too many flying marbles up here in NYC. lol
 
Sweet silver, a hopper, wheats, and a weapon...I mean marble! Nice! Congrats!

Tom...psssst...Tom, did the weirdo look a little like TL?

Spitting image...
 
Lol! Good thing his aim is a little off.
 
Good hunt there Tom I always enjoy finding the foreign coins myself! One of my best finds of that type was a whole string of Japanese coins on one of those metal bead type string, probably was 30 coins on it easy, what a signal it made !
 
That string of Japanese coins sounds awesome! My two best foreign coin finds are a Chinese coin made into a fishing weight and a 1923 10 pfennig coin from the Free State of Danzig. How that got to New Jersey I don't know!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom