Keene A52 Sluice box and enjoying the outdoors

DaleinTexas

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2015
Parker County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Me and my son/daughter spend a lot of time on the Brazos river this time of year and have decided to try our hand at wasting more money on another hobby, lol.

It looks like we will be fitting the Canoe with a Keene A52 Sluice, water pump and a few other things and make our river trips a bit more interesting.

Being completely new to this, is there anything you would do to the keene A52 as afar as matting or adjustments to make it more effective.

The one we ordered is this one pictured..With rubber matting, carpet and miners moss with standard riffles and expanded metal.
sluice_a52_minersmoss5_L.JPG

Last edited:

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the sluicing thing a few times and never got anything in any place in Texas. In about 20 5 gallon buckets of dirt I collected from the Llano river in many different places I managed to get maybe 6 tiny specks. If I were going again I would try the Llano river near Llano. I took a trip one time, 3 days worth, and drove all the back county roads, the farm and ranch roads, and got in maybe 50 culverts and vacuumed the riffles in the culverts into a bucket. Ran that in a sluice at home and got enough to actually see it. If you dont already belong to GPAA or one of the other national clubs I suggest you look into that. I took trips to New Mexico and west a few times and got more in one bucket in Arizona that in any year in the Texas rivers. I might have done better if I had gone to the Davis mountains or Big bend, but the regs there are a bit tougher.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold cube would be better for TX gold. It's so fine that it will get blown out of the box.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold cube would be better for TX gold. It's so fine that it will get blown out of the box. You need something to trap the extra fine gold and can process it in a reasonable amount of time. The Gold cube would work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread