Re: I think Kellyco broke it off in me...
Saw this post and HAD to reply...
This past week was my second time dealing with Kellyco. Both times were problematic to say the least
First time dealing with them, I purchased a 6X10 DD coil for my old MXT 300. Also figured I'd pick up a lesche to go with it since I didn't have one. Spied something on their website called the "Gator Digger". Was being billed as the toughest cutting tool out there. The greatest invention since the wheel...lol. So, based on the description, I bought it. Well, after a few hard uses in the field, there is absolutely NO comparison between the Gator Digger and a real, actual lesche. I know. Have worked with many of my friends'. It is an okay digging tool, but, it actually bent on me while trying to pry an item out of a hole. It is still together and I use it once and a while. Not a bad digger, but, they have big *#@^@ making the claim that it's the best digger on the market. Strike one.
Cut to this past Monday. I purchased a Minelab Safari, 8X6 butterfly coil, sand scoop, rain cover & a lesche (the real one) from their website. Called the next day to make sure my order went through alright since I don't trust "technology" 100%. Well...glad that I called

When I got someone on the line, the young woman told me yes, my order did go through just fine. Great. So far so good, right? WRONG!!! While she has the order screen in front of her, she says "wait a minute, I think we're out of stock on one of the items". So I said, what item? She says the 8X6 butterfly coil. Being a bit disappointed, I then asked her why it didn't state clearly on their website that they were out of stock. She said she didn't know why. Said I'd have to wait a few weeks till they get them in. Okay. Being human, I know mistakes do happen. I also know they are in the sales business like myself. They need to employ a little trickery from time to time to bring business in. Nothing major. I can live with it. I then joked with her and said, well, at least I'm gonna be getting my detector. We both laughed. Then (hope your ready for this) she says to me "hold on, looks like we might not have the Safari's in stock". After my bad joke, I remember thinking, boy is SHE funny. Well, turns out, she wasn't being funny. The Safari's were indeed out of stock. Strike two. Now I'm fuming...
I again asked her why they didn't state this on their website. Kinda like going into Mcdonald's and being told they are out of hamburgers after paying for your meal. Again, "she didn't know". I then told her that the reason I paid for express 2 day shipping was I need my detector, coil, etc. for an important upcoming hunt. Needed it by Thursday. Which I would have had it by, provided THEY HAD EVERYTHING IN STOCK! I then asked her how long I'd have to wait for the Safari and she claimed a week or two. I just about exploded. I know it wasn't the young lady's fault, but, there was definitely something fishy going on. And I didn't like it. After I started to moan and complain, she then asked if I would hold for a moment. She comes back to the line a couple minutes later and says Kellyco will have a new shipment of Safari's in on Wednesday - the next day. With my 2 day shipping, I still wouldn't have my detector in hand for when I needed it. So, she asked the manager and they approved bumping my shipping from 2 day express to overnight, on them of course. After more moaning and complaining by me and several more reassurances by the salesgirl, I was told that I SHOULD have my order by the Thursday I had originally planned for. Well...
On Thursday, my girlfriend calls to tell me that my detector had arrived at her business where I had it sent to. Great! I then asked her how many boxes there were. She said "just one". Being kinda bright, I then asked myself, how in the world would Kellyco manage to fit a 4 foot, one-piece (it doesn't fold, come apart or collapse) beach scoop in the box with the detector. Must be a big box I remember thinking. After excitedly speeding home with my new toy and opening the box, my joy quickly turned to anger...
Strike three, you guessed it, no beach scoop. After taking out all of the free (yeah right) extra's in the box (mostly crap), I then noticed a box with a coil. But wait, the salesgirl told me they wouldn't be getting my coil in for a few weeks, remember? I thought for a second that maybe my luck was changing. Maybe Kellyco DID have my coil in stock and simply made a mistake. Yippee!!! Well, they certainly did make a mistake. Another one that is. Strike four. After opening the box, I noticed the coil was round. Butterfly coils aren't supposed to be round. Hence the name "butterfly coil". Are you listening or reading this Mr. Kellyco? After putting 2 and 2 together, the first thing that I thought was, these Kellyco bums tried sending me another coil (a cheaper one) to get over on me. And shut me up. I quickly got on the horn to them...
After speaking to yet another salesgirl (how come so many sales people when they have no products in stock!) I was told she didn't know why I wasn't told that they didn't have any beach scoops in stock when I called the first time. She also didn't know why they sent me a different (and inferior) coil other than the one I had ordered. After another run-around, I was told I'd have to wait several more days for my beach scoop. I was also told that Kellyco would send me a return shipping label to send back the wrong coil they sent me, the shipping being paid by them. Gee thanks a bunch Kellyco...for making another hassle in my life. They also said they would refund my initial purchase price of the express shipping I paid for. Wow. How nice. Lol. Strike five...
This ISN'T about money! This is about getting what I paid for (everything) in a timely fashion. With good customer service. Is that too much to ask for?!?! Apparently so

I understand the nature of business. Like I said, I am a salesman by trade myself. However, if you don't have a product in stock, it would be nice to let people know that. Especially UP FRONT! No tricks, deception or games. Sorry Kellyco. You guys are running a sham outfit. And it's not just me who thinks this from the looks of this thread. I am in the process of making a nice video about my experiences with Kellyco and putting it up on Youtube. Hopefully, someone else won't have to suffer the same shenanigans as I did.
For all of you out there in computer-land, take my advice - deal with your local dealer for your detecting supplies. Why? For the same reason that you don't go into the Olive Garden expecting real, home-made italian food or Outback Steakhouse expecting a quality, prime-cut steak. If you want everything you paid for, on time and in an experienced manner...DEAL LOCAL! Take heed T-Net'ers.