Kellyco didnt break it off in me after all... RESOLVED

Re: I think Kellyco broke it off in me...

How can a coil go from 220.00 to 700.00? I'm not so sure it's a Kellyco issue as much as it may be a Minelab issue.

Tin Nugget said:
How can a coil go from 220.00 to 700.00? I'm not so sure it's a Kellyco issue as much as it may be a Minelab issue.

absolutely.

Buisness can only do what the Companies allow them.

Try to become a dealer & try & sell
Detectors at No profit, Just to help people Out.

The detector companies won't let you be generous.

& items on Back order effect every dealer
Nobody can control this except
the manufacturers.

Tin Nugget said:

Minelab has nothing to to with the price of the coil at all, it is an after market coil made by a third party...

Hello all T-Netrs...

I believe I have sent PM's to all the people on this thread that I needed to. If I missed you and you would like me to address an issue that you have with Kellyco, by all means, please send me a message. All problems are solvable, I am only sorry that you have had the problem to begin with.

The one thing about Kellyco you can bet on, if you have a problem with Kellyco, we will solve it for you.

Addressing the issues above publicly will not solve anything and I have addressed them each individually so I will just briefly say that we are aware of the issues mentioned and are doing our best to correct them now. With any growing company there are growing pains and we are experiencing them and working through them.

If you have any questions, issues or other concerns, please feel free to contact me directly as I have included my contact info in my signature for anyone that needs my assistance with Kellyco.

Again, I am sorry for any of the issues that you have experienced and will do my best to see that you are a satisfied Kellyco customer if given the opportunity.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell, COO
Vice President of Operations
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]
407-699-5919

metdetdevl said:
Hello all T-Netrs...

I believe I have sent PM's to all the people on this thread that I needed to. If I missed you and you would like me to address an issue that you have with Kellyco, by all means, please send me a message. All problems are solvable, I am only sorry that you have had the problem to begin with.

The one thing about Kellyco you can bet on, if you have a problem with Kellyco, we will solve it for you.

Addressing the issues above publicly will not solve anything and I have addressed them each individually so I will just briefly say that we are aware of the issues mentioned and are doing our best to correct them now. With any growing company there are growing pains and we are experiencing them and working through them.

If you have any questions, issues or other concerns, please feel free to contact me directly as I have included my contact info in my signature for anyone that needs my assistance with Kellyco.

Again, I am sorry for any of the issues that you have experienced and will do my best to see that you are a satisfied Kellyco customer if given the opportunity.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell, COO
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]
407-699-5919

It seems like it worked in this case. Or is it just me?
Newt

It seems like it worked in this case. Or is it just me?
Newt

I was actually referring to myself or a rep from Kellyco answering an individual customer complaint publicly. As you see after the line you highlighted I said I have addressed each individually. The only way we can solve a problem is to be notified about it so I am not against any customer posting, good or bad. As I said, all problems are solvable and we will solve them if given the opportunity.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell, COO
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

I'm glad you came on here and explained what was going on.
Your business will grow because of it.
Newt

I do not buy squat from the big box stores, of any type. I would rather do business with mom and pops down the street who are struggling. Small business is the backbone of our country!!!

meangene21 said:
I do not buy squat from the big box stores, of any type. I would rather do business with mom and pops down the street who are struggling. Small business is the backbone of our country!!!

Glad to know that you think Kellyco is a Big Box Store as this means that I have done my job, but I can assure you 37 employees does not make an international conglomerate. We are a small business that has a large presence due to marketing. Most of the staff at Kellyco in fact uses metal detectors and is interested in the hobby.

Kellyco started in the garage of the owner 50+ years ago, is a family run business to this day and has simply grown to what it is because of providing the services that we provide. We are a local dealer to all of the Central Florida area but do not limit our services to this one area as there is a need worldwide. We support the hobby, treasure hunts, clubs and forums that you all use. I do not think that you will find a Big Box company that is involved in any industry the way that we are involved. Do you think that a VP or any employee of a true Big Box company would actually post on a public forum to answer questions and correct problems. I really doubt it...

Yes there have been unhappy customers over the years as with any company but I can assure all of you that there are far more happy Kellyco customers than there are unhappy. We acknowledge that we have had some issues in the recent past and we are taking the steps to correct those issues. If you have had a problem with Kellyco, we are 100% available to help you out with the problem, this is why I post my contact information on every post I submit. We are in fact even willing to help you out if you bought your metal detector from another dealer and are having problems. We are committed to the hobby and industry and will continue to be into the future.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell, COO
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

My point is, when was the last time you spent any money in the community where I live? Please explain to me why I should send my money to someone in Fla. just to save a few bucks. How many detectors does your small company sell in a year? Why do you need your "titles" if you consider yourself to be a small company?
My money stays here where I live and pay taxes, and not going to someone have way across the country!!!

I know I went in 2 days ago to get a 12x15 after seein it on the site... no dice ???

My point is, when was the last time you spent any money in the community where I live? Please explain to me why I should send my money to someone in Fla. just to save a few bucks. How many detectors does your small company sell in a year? Why do you need your "titles" if you consider yourself to be a small company?
My money stays here where I live and pay taxes, and not going to someone have way across the country!!!

To answer you about Kellyco spending money in the community that you live in, as recently as 3 days ago we sent off prizes to a the Palmetto Relic Hunters Metal Detecting Club located in South Carolina and a few months ago we sponsored the Diggin Dixie Classic Spring Hunt in North Carolina. We have in the past sponsored the Carolina Historical Association Hunts as well as the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas seed hunt. This is right off the top of my head and I can go dig up plenty more if you would like.

This goes for anyone reading this post, if you have a metal detecting club that you would like Kellyco to sponsor, all it takes is an email or call to Margaret at Kellyco and she will be more that willing to discuss sponsoring your club or event in your community. Margaret's email address is [email protected]

As far as how many detectors we sell a year, I can only say to you, quite a few of them, but you can't really knock a company for expanding as that is the reason anyone goes into business after all. Any dealer that sells detectors has the same opportunities that Kellyco has, we have just grown over the past 50+ years.

Titles really mean nothing, I put my pants on the same way you do every morning. I have a title as does every person that works at Kellyco and generally when you work at any company you are given a title so that people know who to go to in certain situations.

I can understand spending money in your own community but a lot of metal detectorist's do not have a "Local Shop" and we provide a way for others in this situation to participate in the hobby.

I hope that this addresses all of your questions and gives you some insight into our participation in the local communities.

Dan Gerrell
Without Title...
Kellyco Metal Detectors

metdetdevl said:

To answer you about Kellyco spending money in the community that you live in, as recently as 3 days ago we sent off prizes to a the Palmetto Relic Hunters Metal Detecting Club located in South Carolina and a few months ago we sponsored the Diggin Dixie Classic Spring Hunt in North Carolina. We have in the past sponsored the Carolina Historical Association Hunts as well as the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas seed hunt. This is right off the top of my head and I can go dig up plenty more if you would like.

This goes for anyone reading this post, if you have a metal detecting club that you would like Kellyco to sponsor, all it takes is an email or call to Margaret at Kellyco and she will be more that willing to discuss sponsoring your club or event in your community. Margaret's email address is [email protected]

As far as how many detectors we sell a year, I can only say to you, quite a few of them, but you can't really knock a company for expanding as that is the reason anyone goes into business after all. Any dealer that sells detectors has the same opportunities that Kellyco has, we have just grown over the past 50+ years.

Titles really mean nothing, I put my pants on the same way you do every morning. I have a title as does every person that works at Kellyco and generally when you work at any company you are given a title so that people know who to go to in certain situations.

I can understand spending money in your own community but a lot of metal detectorist's do not have a "Local Shop" and we provide a way for others in this situation to participate in the hobby.

I hope that this addresses all of your questions and gives you some insight into our participation in the local communities.

Dan Gerrell
Without Title...
Kellyco Metal Detectors

Not trying to dispute that Kellyco isn't a good corporate neighbor but I recall a recent post in which a T-Net member was the recipient of a box of 'prizes' from Kellyco that were for a youth group. According to that post, the box of goodies contained a couple cheaply made digging tools and a ton of Kellyco brochures. Needless to say, the poster was more than disappointed when he opened the box in front of his peers AND some of the local city fathers.

Honestly I am not familiar with the particular post or sponsorship but if you let me know more about it I will look into it.

All of the sponsorships are set up by Margaret and are generally pre-arranged as to what the club will be given.

More information would be appreciated and I will get to the bottom of this situation.

Dan

Quick update: Since this thread is a hot and sensitive one, I only feel it is right to "chime in" with some updated information on a recent problem I had in dealing with Kellyco (see above ).

A few days after typing out my reply to this post, I unexpectedly received an email from Dan Gerrell - COO of Kellyco. I was told to call him or email him with further information about my experience to see how we can fix the situation. I did just that...

After emailing Dan, I received a swift reply with many apologies and a very clear explanation of where the problem stemmed from at Kellyco. Furthermore, I was assured that my order would be expedited as efficiently and quickly as possible.

As of today, I have received my beach scoop and should be getting my additional coil once it hit's their doorstep (my particular coil is from a third party).

Most importantly, the purpose of this writing is as follows...Yes, I have had a few negative experiences in my dealings with Kellyco. I was pretty peeved and upset. However, from what I was told, things are really being shaken up on their end for the better. Also, I personally feel it was very impressive and classy that one of the higher-ups took the time to contact me personally to hash out my "beef's".

While anyone that ever has an unsatisfactory experience with ANY company certainly has a right to gripe (just as I did), to be fair, you also have to give credit where credit is due. Just as Dan told me, there ARE "issues" with Kellyco at the present time - as with most any company across every industry. These issues are mainly due to quick growth and internal employee problems.

Bottom line is this...my situation was rectified to my satisfaction in a civil and timely matter. I'm just posting this to hopefully balance things out a bit. If we're quick to reprimand for the negative (as we should), we should also be quick to praise for the positive. Only fair.

Finally, judging by Dan's assistance in smoothing out the wrinkles of my transaction, it seems to me that they are definitely taking a huge step forward in the right direction. Problems happen. Just a part of life. And of course we're not happy about them. However, how we deal with these problems can sometimes reveal more than the initial problem itself. Dan certainly proved that.

P.S. - And in case you're wondering, yes, I most certainly will be doing business again with Kellyco in the future. Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance to make things right? :)

[mod]removed.

SPAM
Ad for company who dosn't advertise here[/mod]

My one and only Kellyco experience so far has been a good one.
I ordered a 10 1/2 coil a few months ago for an older Fisher CZ-5, and it was at my door in PA. only 2 days later. I was impressed.

meangene21 said:

Kellyco sponsored a hunt with nice prizes including detectors as well as nice door prizes every year as part of the Great Southern Beach Shootout held in Daytona Beach as well as on other hunts in other parts of the country as well.............

Kellyco does give back to the detecting community, it is impossible to give to every club or community nation wide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back