Jun 6, 2017
Oswego, IL
Detector(s) used
gtax1000
AT Pro
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased my third detector (Garrett) a number of years ago from KellyCo. Subsequently, a number a coils, pinpointers, tools, etc were purchased from them. EVERY interaction with them was always warm and positive. Always felt like they cared about serving and appreciated me being their customer.

Forward to 2017 and it's time to buy an upgraded detector. What a difference in the KellyCo culture. Every interaction this year has made me feel like I'm a bother. I spent +1000 on a new detector and they threw in a pinpointer. The detector arrived in 2 days. I love it! However, out of the box, the pinpointer was DOA. Called about it on Saturday (the day after it arrived) and no return label was provided until Wednesday. Add another 7 days for return time to KellyCo based on their carrier method. When I phoned to ask about the status, suggesting I pay a difference they would be comfortable with and exchange the DOA for a different brand. The attitude was pretty much they are only going to replace the item - "when all the procedures are taken care of".

It's too bad they don't have a better system for replacing DOA products, so you don't have to wait 2 or three weeks for a working item purchased.

Have others had a similar experience with this shift in service?

Last edited by a moderator:

KELLYCO*SCUBA*CHRIS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Apr 21, 2015
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CoRe/Relic/Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like to reach out to you about this situation. I dont have any contact information for you via this forum. Please if you can contact me at your earliest convenience so I can touch base with you and get this settled in the most convenient way for you possible. Thanks.

ButteCo.Bedrock

Mar 2, 2017
NorCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've had a similar negative experience with Kellyco customer service recently that ended up costing me almost $60 in shipping for their mistake. I don't really want to bash them on this forum but suffice to say they will not be getting any of my business in the future.

OP
OP
R

RevFrye

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2017
Oswego, IL
Detector(s) used
gtax1000
AT Pro
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I've had a similar negative experience with Kellyco customer service recently that ended up costing me almost $60 in shipping for their mistake. I don't really want to bash them on this forum but suffice to say they will not be getting any of my business in the future.
Bashing was not my intent. I was curious if my impressions were valid concerns.

OP
OP
R

RevFrye

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2017
Oswego, IL
Detector(s) used
gtax1000
AT Pro
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talked with Chris. He promised a resolution and a call back. We will see?

Last edited:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My very first interaction with their customer service was horrible. I know they have a reputation for being an outstanding vendor, but that wasn't my experience at all, unfortunately. I chose to give my business to someone else. Looks like they are concerned about making it right for you, however. Good on them.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought my first detector from Kellyco, probably '82 - could be '83. I should look that up! I've kept all my receipts since the 60's. Sure takes up a lot of space!

And I've visited in their shop in Orlando. Good gracious! Their phones were constantly ringing, and their showroom is like a museum. Those are good people there.

You have their attention in the blur of their daily activity :) All will be well.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RevFrye has been taken care of per my phone conversation with Scuba*chris. Their customer service is not open on Saturday so nothing could have been started till the following Monday.

FYI substituting letters for curse words still violates our rules so please refrain from doing so.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread