Ken Burns "The War"

Re: Ken Burns "The War"

Yes, I've been watching and it's a wonderful program. I found myself crying when I found out that "Babe" was killed in action-it's a very moving film with lots of photographs, letters and footage that is difficult to look at. I can't imagine what it must have been like for those guys, most of whom were so very young to be in those conditions. It makes you want to say thank you to all those who served.

it is a must see !!!!!!!!

these should be showed in high school history class,I know they will never be because of the graphic scenes, but I don't think a whole of of people have any Idea what went on,I know my -self I never learned anything Like this in school.My Dad served In Germany an never spoke a word of it.I never understood while I was young why he never went to see the fireworks on the 4th..unbelieveable what they did an went thru.

Yeah, I've been watching it. And yeah, that part where Babe was killed made my eyes abit wet also. Even though I knew it was coming.
Ken Burns always does an awesome job, regardless of the subject.
The debt owed to our veterans could never be paid, that includes their families also.

The really sad this is, back then hollywood did whatever they could to stick up for the country, be a proud american citizen, and did telethons or whatever they needed to do to support the war cause.

Today, they are a bunch of spoiled self centered filth who do nothing but spit on the country the live in and slander the men and women who serve to protect it.

If ever there was a place for Bin Laden to drop a nuke, it'd be Hollywood.

My .02
Aaron

Ken Burns is a master filmmaker 'The Civil War'is one of my very favorite fils,Ive watched it several times over the years,I like to watch it in marathon format on VHS tapes,though Im thinking of upgrading to the dvd. PBS has some wonderful programing but you have to watch for it. PBS.org contains thousands of hours of video that you can watch on your puter.

I think it is missing something. I have watched it all so far and theres something that is missing and just cant put my finger on it. Its good and worth the watch but I found my mind wondering on this film. I have watched all of his other work and its all good stuff but this one has let me down just a little.

The lady who talks in the film and I think she is from the south -(the one when she says war it sounds like waarre irritates me but I guess Im comparing her to people like Shelby Foote).

Dont tell me how it ends I want it to be a surprise ::) ;D

KFB

It is a good documentary but not up to "The Civil War" in my opinion. WWII is too big to cover completely. It gives a narrow look at the subject whereas TCW was able to cover the entire war, both sides , and gives a broader view of that respective war.

My faverite thing to do is talk to old vets about the past.They never really talk about the fighting to much but mainly about people they knew or just about the times they were in. The best history classes ever! God bless our Vets!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back