What's new

Kennedy halfs. What else to look for?

OtakuDude

Full Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
442
Golden Thread
0
Location
Monee, IL
I just picked up two boxes of halfs from my local bank and got to wondering. Other than the obvious silver and the 82p no-FG error, what else should I look for when going through these coins? Are there other errors or low mintage's that I should put aside as well?
 
Upvote 0
I like to look at every 1974-D for double dies. The Red Book has a good pic of it. The R and U in Trust over the 4 in the date show the best doubling. Use at least a 3.5X loupe. I saw a report from either NCG or PCGS estimating about 10K struck. I found one last year.
 
Last edited:
Yes, the 1974-D DDO is a good one to look for. For some reason they are fairly easy to find in my town, as I have found ~100 of them in the last 2 years. Also look for the 1972-D “no FG”. I also keep AU or better NIFCs - Not Issued For Circulation - proofs and clad minted after 2001 for my grandkids albums.
 
sold (2) '72-D no FG, $50 each. have 2 '82-P no FG, greasers, "magic trick" coins, --- silver is just a bonus
 
sold (2) '72-D no FG, $50 each. have 2 '82-P no FG, greasers, "magic trick" coins, --- silver is just a bonus
Ever sold a 1974-D DDO Kennedy?
 
I find plenty of magic coins. I can tell them by sound, they thunk rather than ting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom