Kettle Corn

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I just recently tried this recipe and was glad I did. Hope you all enjoy it too.
Kettle Corn
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil 1/2 teaspoon salt
Put popcorn kernels along with oil and sugar in a large pot. Using medium heat, begin popping
the popcorn. Constanly shake while popping to avoid burning the popcorn or oil. Once popping has slowed, remove the pot from heat . It has a crunchy,slightly sweet and salty taste.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
rockhound said:
I just recently tried this recipe and was glad I did. Hope you all enjoy it too.
Kettle Corn
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil 1/2 teaspoon salt
Put popcorn kernels along with oil and sugar in a large pot. Using medium heat, begin popping
the popcorn. Constanly shake while popping to avoid burning the popcorn or oil. Once popping has slowed, remove the pot from heat . It has a crunchy,slightly sweet and salty taste.

BLESS YOU! Kettle Corn is my all time favorite. I first saw a recipe in a magazine back in the late 60s or early 70s. It called for bacon grease (no lie!). The magazine is long since lost, and I've never been able to find any version of the recipe since.

thank you thank you! ;D

Nan

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Criminy, you two!

Ok, it made a smaller batch than this recipe, and I believe it was Better Homes & Gardens. Late 60s or early 70s, I believe the cover had a woman in a dark rust colored (cowl necked?) sweater on it. I seem to remember she had a quilt on her lap, too. I think.

It really was good, too. I killed the pan I popped it in, but hey, it tasted incredible.

Nan

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok I hate to hi=jack this post ...but I am thinking (drooling actually) if you just substituted bacon grease for the popcorn oil....that would work...you might have to add a little bit of canola oil( healthy you know...LOL) to the grease...but I bet that it would be really good....and you could take little bacon bits from the bacon you fried and mix in.... :P

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I'm definitely going to have to be there at CTH2 to try the kettle corn... because I LOVE kettle corn!!!! ;D

Bran <><

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best tasting kettle corn I've eaten was Nikki's Kettle Corn. She was generous to donate bags for the Louisiana Bayou Hunt She started the Kettle Corn business to help with daughter's juvenile diabetes. Portions of her sales go towards juvenile diabetes research. http://www.nikkiskettlecorn.com/ She has a secret recipe...but the taste is awesome.

:wink: RR

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
wesfrye53 said:
Cynangyl said:
wesfrye53 said:
Cynangyl said:
We can bribe them with kettle corn since you wont be there to stop us!! muahahaa :icon_jokercolor:

No Peach Butter for you! :occasion18:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Now Cyn, you must know I'm a sucker for a crying woman...... guess if it turns out I may just have to send you a jar! ::)

Actually I did NOT know that....I do now though!! Thank you thank you thank you sweet man! You are awesome! SSH and SSH and SSH!!!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm re-hijacking the thread cuz I just wanna say - somebody bring the kettle, I'll bring the bacon grease... any volunteers for the sugar and or popcorn?

But first, is there somewhere that we could even make a fire?!

HH
Nan

p.s.
RR, That kettle corn was awesome! Thank you for posting the URL b'cause I lost the info I had on it. It really was good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions