Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Key date for 5 cents' I'll take it

nice finds and a '38S is almost as good as finding silver. I've had some great luck with nic's lately myself. No silver but found 5 nice clear date buffaloes from just $60 in S & S rolls. I even found 2 very nice full date buffs in one roll on Monday - a '35 & a '36S.

That's one of the good things about searching nickels - seems you can almost always find something.

Keep on searchin' & HH! :)

999digger

Aug 31, 2010
Wisconsin

Good job on the nickels. I have been getting a lot of good nickels lately too. One box had 2 38-d, 1 38-s, and a 39-s. I couldn't believe it.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I must admit it is good to finally have some people with the same interest giving me feedback. I like hearing the similar stories and opinions on the different finds. thanks alot guys!:)

update on nickel searching: 2 boxes after class got out at 10pm, one for the girlfriend one for myself. Friendly competition to see who could get the better finds, wager was who cooks who a meal. clearly a win win for me ::) food is almost a hobby of mine.

after about 90$ gone through of the 100. both of us had somewhere around 15 or so older nickels 55 to a 1939 s. Unlucky for me I said to Cassie, I'm finding a buffalo in this roll i know it. I got skunked and she pulls one out. No date but still decent condition.

So me being devistated, admitting defeat with 4 rolls left each both keeping pace to finish, she pulls an extremely shiny buffalo, 1934 clear date with just 2 holes in it which might have been used for a necklace or bracelet...

I gave up and she won.

tomorrows competition I better win,

HH guys,

Alex&Cassie :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread