What's new

Key?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I dug this old key today. I assume it's brass, copper, or bronze ~ about 42mm long ~ and has the initials Z G. Anyone know what this key is to? How old is it? Who made it?

Thanks!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • Oct28-2009key.webp
    Oct28-2009key.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Oct28-2009keyZG.webp
    Oct28-2009keyZG.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 258
REALLY? HONESTLY? No one knows anything about this key?!
 
Upvote 0
I'm going with Mantle Clock.
 
Upvote 0
oddcoins said:
REALLY? HONESTLY? No one knows anything about this key?!
Although I cannot find an exact match in my Old Locks, Keys and Closures book, it mostly resembles a padlock key.
 
Upvote 0
It very closely resembles line drawings of Eagle Lock Co. padlock key varieties shown on p. 201 of Stewart's Standard Guide to Key Collecting, 3rd. Ed.— same distinctively styled bow, etc.

(Sorry, can't post a pic due to ©.)
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom