KGC SITE Missouri Any thoughts welcomed

Jake2727

Greenie
May 8, 2014
MO
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello I have found what I believe is a KGC site in Missouri here are a few pictures of the rock carving I believe is a map, and some odd trees in area. I have been studying this for awhile would like some thoughts. Thanks photo (2).JPG photo 1 (2).JPG

Upvote 1

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to find out if Jesse and Frank hung out or passed through the area. I have heard that they made donations to the KGC. Maybe the buried treasure will turn out to be a donation to you!!

OP
OP
J

Jake2727

Greenie
May 8, 2014
MO
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jake... I don't know how familiar you are with "markers", so you may know some or all of the following. Firstly, don't get hung up on the KGC angle. A big clue is the type and diameter of tree in pointing to time-frame. That tree could be of interest and import. If you have permission/relaxed access, you should try (safely) to look through that hole. Looking through it up the slope and down the slope. Taking in a full field of view, looking for anything that sticks out (other trees, rocks, strange changes in the landscape). Patience is a virtue, you should try this at different times of the day and during different seasons of the year. These differing times can give you a completely different perspective. Search up and down that tree for any signs of carving/scarring. If there isn't much iron in the area, then by all means try working out from the tree with a detector in all metal mode. You may have done these things already, but they are some of the basics. It's always fun to contemplate these things. Most importantly, be safe and ENJOY the woods! The mods may move your post, but hopefully you'll have an update after you've worked the area a bit.

Thanks I have looked around a bit found other trees like this one and a few other sign trees no carvings on trees beside one old oak that looks like it took an ax to it long ago that runs vertical. The rock was out of place there was no other rocks that were white, so it got my attention. I will in fact take my time on this and look for every clue I can find. To me its more for the history but a jar full of coins would be nice at the end. Thanks for the response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread