KGC Treasure Map

newtocoinhunting

Jan 16, 2006
Nebraska, USA
SWR, the first map below attached is the one you were looking for from BDD's site.

Treasure maps, much like treasure, is anywhere you find them. The historic Texas maps here might hold clues to treasures as well:
http://www.glo.state.tx.us/archives/mapscol.html

Attachments

• treasure_map.jpg
    treasure_map.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11,461
OP
OP
B

BDD

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2006
Jim, here's more information:

Jesse James Treasure Map!

Over the years I have acquired many things connected to Jesse James, including treasure maps. Some of the maps were handed down through my family and some were not. This map, for example, is not from my family, but is claimed to have been created by Jesse James. It is from the same collection of maps used by some professional treasure hunters searching for alleged Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) treasure. It is heavily encoded and includes directions leading to four (4) different treasure sites.

It is my hope to recover these treasures which will enable me to fulfill my dream of having a Jesse James Museum in Texas—where he spent most of his life and died. This map, with interpretation, is for sale or partnerships are available to those interested, both active and silent. The choice is yours. Those who are interested in purchasing or becoming an active partner can share in the experience of retracing the footsteps of America’s most famous outlaw. Please contact Betty at [email protected] for details.

Sorry, but for some reason I can't paste a copy of the map here, however, someone more proficient than I am with computers did it for me and it is located below in the postings below.

Hope this helps.

Betty

SWR said:
BDD…could you please provide a more direct link to the “map”, without having to navigate through all the propaganda.

Thanks, Jim

OP
OP
B

BDD

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2006

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Betty

Your quote
"It is my hope to recover these treasures which will enable me to fulfill my dream of having a Jesse James Museum in Texas—where he spent most of his life and died. "

I thought JJ spent most of his life in Missouri and thereabouts. He died in Texas ?
I thought Bob Ford shot him in his home.

Just curious,
Mike in SC

RedneckRookie,
SWR opinions are a lot like mine. It is not that we don't actually believe in the KGC, it is that we want proof they existed.Verifing the authenticity of the map would help do that.

Lotsa Luck to all searchers !!! :)~

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
I really dont belive Jessie James had anything to do with the KGC though.

From texas handbook http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/KK/vbk1.html

KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE. The Knights of the Golden Circle was a secret antebellum organization that sought to establish a slave empire encompassing the southern United States, the West Indies, Mexico, and part of Central America, an area some 2,400 miles in diameter-hence the name Golden Circle. The Knights hoped to control the commerce of the area and have a virtual monopoly on the world's supply of tobacco, sugar, and perhaps rice and coffee. The association was organized in 1854 by George W. L. Bickley, a Virginia-born doctor, editor, and adventurer living in Cincinnati. It grew slowly until 1859 and reached its height in 1860. The membership, scattered from New York to California, was never large. Like other such secret societies, the Knights had an elaborate ritual, but the organization was poorly financed and even more poorly led. Bickley's main goal seems to have been the annexation of Mexico. Hounded by creditors, he left Cincinnati in the late 1850s and traveled through the East and South promoting a filibustering expedition to seize Mexico and establish a new domain for slaveholders. He found his greatest support in Texas and managed within a short time to organize thirty-two "castles," or local chapters, in cities that included Houston, Galveston, Austin, San Antonio, Jefferson, and La Grange. Among his prominent Texas supporters were Alfred M. Hobby, Elkanah Greer, George Cupples, Trevanion Teel,qqv and Capt. John B. Lubbock. Bickley received some favorable newspaper coverage in the Texas papers, and for a time courted Governor Sam Houston,qv who was reportedly initiated into the group. Houston, however, was opposed to the KGC's anti-Union stand and ultimately refused to throw his support behind it.

In the spring of 1860 the group made the first of two attempts to invade Mexico from Texas. A small band reached the Rio Grande, but Bickley failed to show up with a large force he claimed he was assembling in New Orleans, and the campaign dissolved. In April some KGC members in New Orleans, disgusted by Bickley's inept leadership, met and expelled him, but Bickley called a convention in Raleigh, North Carolina, in May and succeeded in having himself reinstated. He attempted to mount a second expedition to Mexico later in the year, but with Abraham Lincoln's election he and most of his supporters turned their attentions to the secessionist movement. Bickley served for a time as a Confederate surgeon and was arrested for spying in Indiana in July 1863. He was never tried but remained under arrest until October 1865 and died, broken and dispirited, in August 1867.

The KGC quietly dissolved during the war. Some at the time claimed that the organization operated as a fifth column in the North, and in the 1864 political campaign Republicans accused some antiwar Democrats of being secret members of the group. The charges, however, were largely unfounded, and although KGC forms and symbols were sometimes used by other groups, the Knights evidently had no organization in the Northern states; they did operate in Kentucky, a "border state." After the war sporadic reports of KGC activities cropped up, some of them as far west as West Texas and Oklahoma Territory, but by that time, for all intents and purposes, the organization had ceased to exist.

T

trouble1332

I'm from Missouri and Jesse James was murdered at his home in Liberty,MO. I know this largely because my father and sister lived in that same house for a few years. But it was a Pinkerton agent that shot and killed him. I remember bein told that Bob Ford was a member of JJs group, but turned yellow-belly and gave Jesse up to save his own hide. Then later took credit for shooting his friend in the back.
Just what I heard and my 2 cents.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
try this one then.. http://rs6.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/rbpebib:@FIELD(STATE+@band(north+carolina)):heading=Items+Printed+in+North+Carolina scroll down and click on # 14..................shows actual copy of every page concerning the meeting.................gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread