What's new

KGIII "first ever for me"

mtdewman

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
102
Reaction score
180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sunbury, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro POinter AT, Bounty Hunter LoneStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No date but looks a group III. 1850ish farm so they said and this pops out of ground 2-3" down right next to house. Sorry my phone flips the pics
 

Attachments

  • 1432077514906.webp
    1432077514906.webp
    86 KB · Views: 111
  • 1432077523300.webp
    1432077523300.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 14
Actually I think a group I. The ribbon is wrong way for group 2 or 3. Experts chime in please
 
Nice! Congrats!

I am still looking for one.
 
Thank you
 
It's neither group :) ...because it's a British Halfpenny circa. 1770-1775. (Those are Machin's Mills)
 
Really? I only have a us coins book 2016 red book
 
Nice job !! Might be more :thumbsup:
 
Good find, looks group 3 to me.
 
Thank you very much. I can't believe it was only 2-3" deep
 
Iron Patch could you tell me the difference and where you see it on my coin
 
Iron Patch could you tell me the difference and where you see it on my coin


The British government made George III halfpennies from 1770-1775. There was MANY counterfeits made, so you may have a genuine British halfpenny, but there's every bit as much chance, maybe even more, you have a British counterfeit halfpenny. The ones in the Redbook are American made counterfeits created to look like the British coins... which is why they are very similar. Similar but not the same, because they had their own dies, and if you look very close you will see little differences between the book ones and any British coin whether it be genuine or a counterfeit.
 
Very nice recovery
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom