kids always loved to play but toys have changed

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
went detecting the huge pasture I have been working on for several weeks now and already posted some finds here on TN.
This time I found something I have never thought of finding with a MD. It was sitting just under the grass and giving me a real weird signal.
The first picture I posted earlier "my first headed horseman" that is a kind of toy kids used to play with back then....very strange....what would that kid playing with the lead figure have thought if another kid showed up flying that little drone?
DSCN2387new.JPG
DSCN2704.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think the toys were much better back then . Metal toys, toys in cerial ,and cracker jack, Tin toys wind up toys, Technology is better now but what would be cool is the craftsman ship of old and technology of today lol

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic children's toys of today, are garbage. Give me the good old metal toys any day. But then again, that's why I treasure hunt. To seek items of the past, that were far better than we have today.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
when I think back (I'm a 1964 model) my best toys I ever had was a air pellet pistol "Marksman" my grandpa got for me when I was about 5 years old (my grandma hate it because there were BBs all over the garden and sticking in each and every apple on the trees, a hatchet to throw at a treestump and a bow and arrow besides a knife I was throwing also. I still have the knife (did not destroy it as I only threw it in the pasture and the air pellet pistol with original box.Other than that we had solid Matchbox toy cars....no plastic crap at all....that stuff came later but did not make it to these days....do you remember Schuco? They made some very durable wind up toys from good metal...

Last edited:

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds - congrats !

Yes, almost everything today including kids toys seems like junk compared to the way they use to be made.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember all those tin wind up toys and boats and the Machine gun gallery game the football game with metal players, Aurora car race tracks. Train sets with smoke, I could go on forever Rockets with parachute dudes Mini Bikes alot of this generation dont even play with toys or go play outside at the creek I gotta stop........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread